three

November 10th, 1987 — Cambridge, MA11:46 AM, EST

11:46 AM, EST

Shelby's arms were sore as she lugged the giant box full of miscellaneous parts and tools over to Tony's house. After the crazy party that introduced the two and becoming lab partners in their circuits class, they had quickly grown close, becoming great friends. Donna and Lisa were still Shelby's best friends, of course, but Tony understood things they didn't. The pressure she was under, the fear of not being good enough ... everything. He knew what it was like to have people waiting for you to mess up after you spent your whole childhood being better at certain things than other kids.

They'd decided to work on their senior design project together, and they were supposed to meet today to work on it.

Given as it was a Saturday morning, Tony was most likely still in bed, hungover from his previous night's activities.

Finally, the house came into view, and Shelby hurried up onto the porch. She knocked on the door and Rob, Tony's friend and roommate, opened it.

"Is he up?" She asked, a hopeful expression on her face.

Rob chuckled. "No, but feel free to wake him up yourself."

Shelby grimaced but nodded, then sidestepped Rob and made her way up to Tony's bedroom. She hoped the creaking of the wooden stairs wound awaken Tony and whatever possible female visitors he might have in his room with him, but unfortunately for Shelby, that did not seem to be the case.

She knocked on the wooden door to Tony's room, though it was already propped open. She noticed a half naked blonde girl passed out across Tony's bed. She stopped in her tracks, thinking it to be Lisa at first. To Shelby's relief, it was not. Tony was sprawled out on the floor, his wastepaper basket conveniently next to him, along with a half empty bottle of beer.

"Get up!" Shelby yelled, nudging Tony awake with her foot. He groaned and rolled over, grabbing the basket with his hand. Shelby picked up the beer and set it on Tony's dresser.

The blonde slowly woke, scowling at Shelby from across the room. "Piece of shit!" She screeched at Tony. "You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend!"

"I don't!" Tony exclaimed with his head inside the garbage, his voice echoing accordingly.

"He doesn't." Shelby replied, sighing as she handed the girl her top, which had been tossed over Tony's desk and part of his and Shelby's project. "He wishes." She stated, smirking slightly at the sad state that was a Saturday morning Anthony Stark.

"No, I don't." Tony said, sitting up and rubbing his forehead. He looked over at the redhead, squinting at her. "Why are you here again?"

"To interrupt your lovely date." Shelby said with a laugh as Tony's "date" scampered off in search of the rest of her belongings.