ten

December 22nd, 1987 -- Cambridge, MA11:57 AM, EST

11:57 AM, EST

"I'm glad we got the chance to eat lunch together, Robbo." Shelby said, her face flushing a pale pink.

Robbo returned the smile as he took a bite of his sandwich. The two were sitting in the library, quickly scarfing down some lunch before they got back to studying. They'd reached exam week, and Shelby was dreading the four weeks she'd spend at home during winter break. She wasn't sure if she could survive four interrupted weeks with Gran back in New Hampshire. She knew that Robbo's hometown in Massachusetts was pretty close to the state border, so she really hoped they'd see each other over break. She really enjoyed spending time with him.

"Me too, Shelby." He said, giving the redhead a grin. Shelby still didn't know what had gone down between Rob and Tony, and even though Rob was convinced Shelby was in love with the Stark boy, he found himself falling for her too.

"So, um, how many exams do you have before you get to head home for the semester?" Shelby asked as she picked the crust off of her peanut butter and jelly.

"One more. Tonight, actually." He said with a sigh. "I'm headed home in the morning."

"Ahh. Well, good luck. I'm sure you'll do great." Shelby said with a smile. "I have two exams tomorrow, and then I'm taking the bus back to my gran's."

"Sounds like a blast." Robbo teased with a smirk. "What's on the agenda for break? Some knitting? Mahjong? Maybe spice it up with some scrapbooking?"

"Ha ha." Shelby said, taking another bite of sandwich. "Very funny."

Robbo grinned and set down his food. "You know, I'm not too far from Portsmouth. If you're not too busy with bingo and crochet class, I could show you around Salem."

"The witch town?" She teased Shelby had to admit, she'd always been interested in the Salem Witch Trials. The women that had been killed were women like her, curious and intelligent.

"Sure. I mean, I know there's witches there. I live with my sister, after all." Robbo joked.

Shelby laughed. "I can't imagine you having a younger sister." She smirked, giving the boy a look.

Robbo laughed. "Well, she's only 14, so a bit younger than me, but you better believe that I hosted the best tea parties back in the day."

Shelby giggled as she imagined a little Robbo wearing a flowery hat and holding a dainty tea cup with his pinky sticking out. "That sounds like a blast."