seven

December 17th, 1987 -- Cambridge, MA10:04 AM, EST

10:04 AM, EST

"You don't have to do that."

Shelby spun around as she realized she was not alone in the kitchen. She'd woken up early after crashing on Tony's couch with Donna and Lisa, so she'd decided to help the boys in cleaning up after their wild Friday night activities.

"Oh, it's okay." She said with a smile upon seeing that it was Robbo, Tony's housemate and best friend. "I helped make this mess last night, so I might as well clean it up."

"Do you remember much of last night?" Rob asked, grabbing a trash bag from under the sink.

"To be honest, no." Shelby admitted. She hated knowing that she'd gotten so drunk that she couldn't remember what she did. "I must have been pounding the water enough, though, because I don't have a headache or anything this morning."

Rob chuckled as he joined her in picking up stray red plastic cups and beer cans. "Consider yourself lucky, then."

Shelby laughed as she picked up a ping pong ball. "I vaguely remember challenging Lisa and Donna to a beer pong game last night."

Robbo nodded. "Yeah, you and Tony made a pretty good team in that. Then again, you and Stark make a pretty good team in general. You're like two peas in a pod."

Shelby nodded. "We work well together. It's nice to have someone with shared ... brain capacity." She admitted.

"I'm sure it is. I think he's met his intellectual match in you, Shelby Colewell. Someone has to knock him down a peg." Rob joked as he began to crawl under the table. "Aha. I found the cork from the champagne."

Shelby laughed and knelt down next to him. "That champagne was delicious, I have to say."

"Hey, that reminds me. Congrats on NASA. That's frickin' awesome." Rob said as he stood back up.

"Thanks. I haven't officially accepted them yet or anything, but ... NASA is kinda my dream." She stated. "What are you doing after graduation, Rob?"

"Well, uh," The boy ran a hand through his dark hair and shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not sure, yet. Haven't really had any offers. Haven't applied anywhere either, though, so ..." He shrugged again and glanced over at the redhead. "Guess I'll just go where life takes me, you know?"

Shelby nodded. "Sounds like a good plan." She carefully walked around Lisa and Donna, who were both still peacefully sleeping on the couch. Shelby was convinced a train could drive through the two of them and they would not notice.