five

December 16th, 1987 -- Cambridge, MA12:39 PM, EST

12:39 PM, EST

"You're coming to my party." Tony insisted, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked at Shelby.

"Finals are around the corner. I don't have time to go to your party this weekend. I have my own date with my textbooks." Shelby stated.

"I'm sure Lisa and Donna would be down to go." The Stark boy sighed, fidgeting with one of the wires on their senior design project.

"Stop." Shelby stood up, swatting his hand away from their unfinished masterpiece. She was so glad this was a project for the entire school year, not just a semester. The fall semester was almost over, and they were nowhere close to being done. "And anyways, Rob already invited Lisa and Donna, so yes, they're going."

"Ahh." Tony grinned and his eyes lit up. "They are?"

The redhead rolled her eyes at the boy as she settled back down on the lab stool. "One: You already know that you're not exactly Donna's type, and two: I will never let you date Lisa."

"I know." Tony sighed and rolled his eyes, then glanced down at his watch. "We haven't eaten lunch yet."

"We don't have time for lunch, Tony. We have to --"

"Finish the rocket, yeah yeah." Tony groaned and spun around a few times on his stool. "But I'm starving, so ..."

"It's not a rocket, and you know that." Shelby said, defensively setting a hand down on the device that did, in fact, contain a rocket. It wasn't meant to go into outer space or anything, but it was a device built to launch into the lower atmosphere to monitor the levels of different compounds in the air, such as CO2 levels, Ozone levels, and various toxins that may be present. It was a little ambitious for an electrical engineering major like herself, but she and Tony both had an extensive knowledge of things outside their main fields of study. Plus, the vibranium Tony had managed to obtain from his father was the perfect material for the outside of the device. It would be practically indestructible from anything that might target it, or for if it would fall to the ground.

"Shelby ..." Tony whined. "You're killing me. You're killing my party scene, my reputation with the girls, and my stomach. My stomach is eating itself alive."

"Fine." Shelby groaned, holding her hand up to the boy. "Let's go back to my house. We ordered pizza last night, I think there's still some left over."

"Or we could go out." Tony suggested.

The redhead turned to look at him. "Tony, we both have all afternoon off, due to your class being cancelled. It's the perfect opportunity to be in the lab, working on our project, especially since you'll be no help after your party tonight. It will take forever to go out, order food, get it, eat it, pay ... my house is just down the street. And you love leftover pizza."