The Move

(cas-e-on-a) Cassiana or Cassia^^^^^^

The day I found out what was happening back at home, I quickly decided to leave Paris and get on a plane. I'm now shoving all my clothes in my two suitcases and everything else I don't want to leave here. Obviously, I'm still gonna live here, but my sister needs me.

   I slip on my black leather pants, black high heels, and blue top, along with my signature leather jacket. (Below)

     I threw my blonde curls over my shoulder and dragged my pink suitcases out of the room

     I threw my blonde curls over my shoulder and dragged my pink suitcases out of the room. I locked it and proceeded to walk down to the silver, mirror like elevator. I pressed the button down and opened my IPhone XR. I had an unread message from Elena and two people I don't know.

From: E🎀
Things are getting bad here, Cas. Aunt Jenna, she's dead. The rest, I'll tell you when you get here. Jeremy won't listen to me and I don't know what to do.

From: unknown
Hurry up and get here. Your sister needs you.

From: unknown
Cassia, you need to hurry up and get here. Things are very bad and are getting worse. Jeremy won't talk to Elena, so many people are in danger and just so many things you don't know.

I stand there for a while. In shock and just not understanding. I look up when I hear the ding telling me the elevator is here. I walk in and just stand there, unable to process this in my head.

When the door opens, I have my phone in my pocket and I go out with hate in my eyes. Who would hurt my family. They better know who they're messing with. I go down the red velvet stairs and head for the doors.

"Miss," I hear a male voice with a French accent call behind me. "Miss!" I stop and he walks in-front of me. I look at him with a questioning glare. "W-we got a car for y-you." I smile and nod.

"Thank you. Can you help me with my bags?" He gulps and hesitantly takes my bag on my right. He nods and I walk to the exit.

The first thing I see is marble stairs and a black car. Once I get to the car, the guy takes my bag and the driver gets my door. I nod and smile. Of course it was a fake smile, you think I'm that nice. He knows that. The fake smile. No one actually smiles at the driver. It's a thing in Paris.

Once I got on the plane, I slept all the way to Virginia. The announcer or pilot or whatever came over the speaker waking me up.

"We have arrived in Virginia. Please keep your seatbelts on until we land and have a nice day."

I glared at the speaker and sat up in my seat from my legs being almost off the seat entirely.

Once we landed, they got us off the plane and I basically sprinted to the luggage pick up so I could get the hell out of this crammed place of a building. I pushed people out of the way and grabbed my two pink suit cases. I raced to the front desk and stood there breathing heavily for a moment while the lady, who is probably in her late twenties, stared at me worriedly.

"Can I help yo-" I put my pointer finger up signaling I need a minute. After feeling like my lungs won't collapse I stood up and smiled. She looked at me weirdly, but went along with it.

"Could you please get me a taxi?" I ask as politely as I possibly could. She smiled sweetly and picked up her phone. I smiled and leaned against the desk.

"It will be here in ten minutes." She replied and I walked over to the small couch that's placed in the middle of the hall. I took this time to send texts back to the people who were trying to get a hold of me.

To: E🎀
I just landed. A taxi is coming to get me right now, will be home soon.

To: wacko or unknown #1
Shut up dude I don't even know you.

To: possibly Stefan
Just landed. Heading home now.

After texting them back and looking through Instagram, my taxi finally arrived. I walked out of the airport and looked for a yellow taxi. I looked left and saw it immediately. The driver took my bags and put them in the back. I got into the ugly looking, gross smelling vehicle and tried not to cough or worse, throw up.

"Where ya goin?" The driver asks in a not so caring voice.

"Mystic Falls." I say short and he nods. We go through a lot of traffic and takes over an hour to get to the small town because of a traffic jam. I get several messages from Wacko and Stefan. Elena seems to be awol.

After going through absolutely nowhere, we finally came into the infamous town of Mystic Falls. I grew up here, and then I left for several different reasons. Our parents died about a year ago, and I haven't been able to come back since...until now.

We went through the main part of town with the huge, old clock tower standing up like it owns the place and several other places I used to go to as a child.

"What's the address, Ma'am?" The driver said over his shoulder. I shook my head out of my trance of thought and looked over to the man.

"Um, turn right here." I say pointing to the road ahead of us. I told him how to get to my childhood home from there.

Once we stopped, I pulled out my wallet and paid the guy off. He quickly went through it to make sure it was the right amount and I got out. It was an odd feeling being back here. Considering that the last time I was here, was when I came home for my parents' funeral. I stared at the house, trying to put into my mind that walking back into that place is gonna be really hard. After the funeral, I ran out of the place it was taking place in and quickly got back on a plane back to Paris. I haven't been back into the house since they died. I don't even know if I can hold myself together.

Pull it together Cas, you're a hard ass cookie. You don't cry.

I stand there and listen to the voice in my head. She's right. Yeah, yeah, whatever. The guy finally gets out of the car and gives me my bags. I nod my head at him saying thank you and begin to slowly but surely walk up the walkway to the porch. With every step I take, the less I can breathe. I felt like I was suffocating myself. As if that would somehow make me run back to the taxi and take me back to the airport.

Once I step onto the porch, I close my eyes and take a deep breathe.

It's fine Cas, you're fine. Just knock.

I opened my eyes and everything went into slow motion. I knocked on the door and I heard footsteps coming to the door.

Well, no going back now.

I could always make a run for it.

No you can't. She needs you.

My subconscious needs to get the hell out of here. Before I know it, I look up and see Elena opening the door. Her face looks drained and she has dark circles under eyes. Once she sees me, her eyes get wide and a smile forms on her face. It's been a while since I've seen her smile. She engulfs me in a bone crushing hug and I stand there with my arms around her, taking in her scent that I didn't know I missed. She pulled away and took one of my bags in with her. I follow her.

"Jeremy isn't home. He's out with some friends." She says in a dull voice mentioning his name. My over protective sister mode instantly kicks in.

"Where is he?" She turns around and raises her brows. "I'll knock some sense into his little skull. No one, especially our own brother, disrespects you." She smiles and looks down.

"This is what I missed about you, Cas." She smiles and we walk into the living room to watch our favorite movie from our childhood. 101 Dalmatians.