How Could He Do It?

My bones finally stopped breaking for a while and Elijah went down stairs to get me some water, because in his words, I could get dehydrated from the sweat that just came out of me. I am currently on the floor, and Klaus is sitting beside me.

"What's happening?" I ask, my voice sounding defeated.

"You're turning into a werewolf." He says and my eyes widen. I figured that's what was happening, I learned about werewolves from Tyler's dad. One night I was staying over there and I found my way into his study instead of the kitchen. Now I know what you're thinking, I've been in this house basically my whole life, how do I not know where the kitchen is? Well let's just say I was very drunk. Anyways, I stumbled upon some papers about werewolves and the moon stone. I was caught and scolded by the father figure in my life. We sat on the reddish leather couch that sat in the middle of his office. I remember it being very silent until he finally said that I needed to know where I came from. That someone has to tell me. And so he did. He told me what could happen if I killed someone, and how bad it hurts. He told me everything he knew.

"Why's it taking so long?" I ask and Klaus's brows furrow. I sigh and sit there in the awkward, discomfort way. My wrist was facing the opposite direction, my leg was broken in several spots and turned the wrong way and my spine was slowly starting to move.

"How-" He says but I cut him off, instantly feeling impatient.

"Tyler's dad, Mr. Lockwood told me all about them. He thought that I should know where I come from." Klaus nods his head and looks to the door. Elijah walks in and hands me the glass. I grab it with my left hand considering my other hand is facing the wrong way. My hand slips down the glass and Elijah jumps to save it from falling, but I grip it harder and it doesn't fall. He sits in the chair across the room.

"You killed Damon, that must have triggered the curse." Klaus says after being very quiet for a while. Elijah nods his head agreeing with his brother.

"But..." they both look to me and I look up. "Damon's alive." Klaus nods his head and gets up.

"But you still killed him, you still triggered the curse, meaning you will turn tonight. It's just a matter of when." Klaus says and walks to the door. "I'll be right back." I nod and Elijah stares at the place where his brother just stood after he speds away.

"Do you feel anything happening right now?" He asks me and I nod.

"My spine is moving, but very slowly." He nods and puts his hand up to his chin. His brows furrow and then he finally speaks.

"It won't be long. After your spine is half way moved, you'll start to transition." I gulp and nod. I don't know if I'm ready for this. I start to hear talking down stairs and Elijah looks to the door. He's listening to the conversation very intently. "It's Stefan and Damon." He whispers to me. My thoughts go around in my head. Why are they here? Are they trying to get me back? Will Klaus give me back? No he won't. He wouldn't do that. My spine shifts and every bone in my body is breaking a thousand times a minute. I scream out and start to feel pain in my gums. Elijah looks at me in fear. Fear of not being able to help the pain. We suddenly start to hear people being thrown into things and stuff getting shattered. I look down and see blonde paws and the pain stopped. My ability to see increased and I could hear what was happening down stairs perfectly. Elijah opened the door and I trotted out of the room. I stopped when I could see what was happening. The walls were broken, glass was everywhere, there were tears in the leather couches and the pictures on the wall were either broken in two or scratched down the middle. I heard a grunt and snapped my head to the corner. Stefan was choking Klaus and Klaus was holding Stefan's neck. I ran down stairs without thinking and jumped on Stefan. I bit into his neck and started to tear some arteries out. I couldn't stop and all I knew is that I couldn't let Klaus get hurt.