The Note

I came back to being conscious, but my eyes wouldn't open. Whispering of my name can be heard a little distance away from me and I moved my arm from the position it was in since the guys beat me. I open my eyes and look at the stairs. The only light is coming from up there. I look down the stairs and into the darkness of the shadows. My eyes took a while to adjust and I saw another person tied up not too far from me.

"Who's there?" I whisper to the person. It looked like a guy, he was hunched over and he looked like he was in as much pain as me. Maybe even worse.

"Zach." He says and my eyes widen and I move my body upward.

"Zach! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I whisper yelled to him and he chuckles.

"Don't worry about me. It's you I'm worried about. Are you okay?" He says meeting my eyes.

"My body aches, but other than that I'm fine." I say and he nods.

"We have to get out of here..." He says trailing off looking around for something sharp. I sit there, trying to help him. His eyes get big after a few minutes and he nods his head towards me. I look behind me and see a knife. I smile and move my way to the knife. I cut myself out of the ropes and slide the sharp object to Zach.

Once we're both out of the rope, Zach looks for something, anything to hit someone with as a weapon. These people aren't very smart. They left a knife down here and now a sledgehammer. Zach just found it in the corner.

"Ok, I'm gonna go up stairs. I'll create a distraction and you get the hell out of here," He says and my eyes narrow at him. "Got it?" He says making sure I actually will leave and not come back to help him.

"Fine. But I will come back for you." He glared at me and starts up the stairs. Once he gets to the door, he puts his ear to it and nods his head. He opens it slowly and peeks out. His eyes widen and he slowly closes the door and goes to his right. My breathe was caught in my throat and I couldn't help but think that this was going to end so badly. A few minutes later, I heard yelling and the sound of running. A few guns went off and my mouth went agape. Zach. I run up the stairs and put my ear to the door just like Zach had done a few minutes ago. When I hear nothing near me, I open the door and sprint for the front door. I swing it open and make a run for it. I don't look back, knowing that if I do, it will only slow me down.

I get to the sidewalk of my house. The one I actually grew up in. I walk up to the door and ring the door bell. Hoping to god that Elena will help me. Footsteps were heard and the door opens.

"Cassia?" Elena says and I smile.

"Can I come in?" I ask and she looks at me weirdly. "Please, I think someone is following me." I say and look over my shoulder feeling someone staring at me. She nods her head and I walk in. I go to the kitchen and see Damon and Stefan in there as well.

"Oh look what the cat dragged in. A bitch." Damon says and smirks. I roll my eyes and look to Elena.

"So what's going on?" She asks me.

"Tyler just kidnapped me and Zach. He's part of this group that has been searching for me for over five years." I say and Stefan looks to me with wide eyes and Damon loses his smirk.

"Why would they want to find you? Everyone is after Elena." Stefan says and Elena raises her brows in curiousness.

"I don't know, he says that I must be special to Klaus somehow because I'm the doppelgänger's sister." I say and Elena furrows her brows.

"I thought doppelgängers are only addressed by looking like each other. Like a carbon copy?" She says and Stefan nods his head.

"They're leaving something out. Something they don't want us to know." Damon says and Elena steps to me.