The Visions

I sit on my bed for the longest time. The only thing I could think about was Klaus. Him and I, what we have going on between us. We had said we loved each other, but did we really mean it? It was in the heat of the moment. It meant nothing. Stop trying to convince yourself.

"Shut up!" I yell at my conscious. I look down and see my hands are clenched in rage. I flatten them out on the mattress and take a deep breath.

He died and then came back. I didn't know what was wrong with me, it hurt so bad. I didn't know that I could feel this way about someone who I've just met. I don't even know him that well. He could be a terrible person just like everyone says he is. He could be lying to my face every time we speak. But the fact that he likes to keep tabs on me and where I am, that possessiveness is...comforting.

I get up from my bed and go out into the hallway. I checked if Tyler and Jake are back yet and go back to my room. I scroll through my phone, not knowing what I'm doing, my body taking over before my mind could. I pressed Klaus's contact and it rang. I stared at it, unable to understand why I just called him. That I initiated it.

"Hello?" I hear a faint British voice say. I put the phone up to my ear.

"H-hi." I say and gulp. Everything I was thinking, was telling me to stay away from him. To stop thinking about him or even the idea of him. That he was bad news and I'm just trying to get caught in the cross fire.

"Is everything okay?" He asks, his voice getting softer. My heart melted. Stop it!

"Uh...yes." I say and stare at the wall.

"What's going on?" He asks and can tell something is off. "Why are you acting weird?"

"I'm not." I say and look down. "Did you ever go to Russia?" I ask out of nowhere.

"Yeah, why?" He asks, his voice getting deeper in thought.

"I found a letter and it was signed by someone with the initial of K." I say and the line is silent on the other end.

"Is there a date?" He asks and I look over it for about the millionth time since I found it.

"No. But the paper is aged, it has wrinkles in it and is very brown." I say and it's silent again.

"What's the note about?" This is the moment that will either crush me or make me relieved. Whether or not he wrote the note.

"A guy saying that he wants to meet up with his lover at a special spot." I say and wait for his answer.

"Are you trying to blame this on me!?" He yells into the phone outraged after he put two and two together. My eyes widened and I internally slapped myself.

"No, I-."

"Save it. I have to go." And with that the phone hung up. Great. I just made a one thousand year old hybrid mad. I'm gonna be lucky to be alive tomorrow.

After the phone call, I went back to the library. There had to be some type of clue to this mystery. I sat down in a old wooden chair at a long table that was slanted up for reading purposes. I studied the paper and then the book. When I found nothing, I let out a loud groan in frustration. I got up and walked around the library. I went through every aisle, looked at every book, looked behind some books, and then I saw carvings out of the corner of eye. I sprinted to the end of the row and looked at the book shelf across from where the book was. Letters were carved into the side. K.M. And C.G.

"What the hell..." I said out loud and run my fingers over it. My vision becomes blurry and then there's nothing but whiteness.

I open my eyes and run my hands over the ground. Grass is surrounding me and I'm under an apple tree. I look over to the side and see a valley of flowers covering the ground. I look down and I'm in a blue dress. I wonder what year it is. I stand up and see that I'm on a hill. My dress reaches to the ground and you can't see my feet. (Dress below)