The First Runaway

I hang up the phone with Klaus and shove the object back into my pocket. The wind blows my hair to the side and I start to see dark clouds forming in the west. I hop off the car and shut the trunk. Just before I got into the house, lightning struck behind me, making me jump. I got in and closed the door. I look around and Tyler is in the kitchen, checking the amount of space we have in the cupboards. Jake is nowhere in sight. I sigh and sit on the couch, being it has been cleaned and it even looked nicer.

"What's wrong?" Ty asks from the kitchen, looking up at me. His eyes were widened and brows up. I stretch and shake my head.

"Nothing's wrong." I say and look up at the ceiling. Jake comes out of the hallway and looks at me. "I just can't believe that this is happening." I say laughing. They both smile and Ty comes over to me, sitting right beside me. He engulfs me into a hug that I really didn't want. But the longer he held me, the safer I felt.

"We won't let anything happen to you, princess." Jake says behind me and puts a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head so I could see him and smile.

After a while of just staying like that, Tyler got up and started getting the beds ready. Jake cleaned the bathroom and started making a list to get stuff at the nearest grocery store, which happened to be one hundred miles away.

I got up and went through the hallway. I looked at the rooms and wondered what happened here before we were here. What the story was. When it was. Who it was.

"Hey." Ty says, snapping me back into reality. "You can have this room. I'll sleep on the couch since there's only two mattresses." I nod my head. I would have offered for him to sleep on the same bed as me, but I'm not fully comfortable around him yet. He walks out and I go into the blue chipped room. The mattress wasn't very dirty at all, which is surprising. I sat down on the bed and took my shoes off. I felt very dirty and gross, but we don't have the shower working or running yet so I'll have to make do.

"We'll go grocery shopping tomorrow!" Jake yells and I laugh at how 'family' like we're becoming already.

"Okay!" I yell back and lay down. I stare off into the night through a window. The stars are so bright. They remind me of Elena. She used to love the stars when we were younger. I pull my phone out and see more texts from my sister and the Salvatore brothers. No more from Klaus. Which I expected.

I went onto the tracker app that Elena made me get when I came home. I erased the ability for the app to track my location a while ago. Elena is at the grill, no surprise there. She's probably with Stefan, Bonnie and Caroline. Jeremy is at home, probably playing video games or drawing. I zoom out and look at the map of Mystic Falls. It's the place I call home, but once I'm there, it's a burden. Every little thing of that ratcheted town reminds me of my past. The people who have left. The things I've done that I regret. The things that I say I don't regret, but in my heart I know that I do. I exit the app and go back to the home screen. The time read eleven fifty-one. I closed my phone and shut my eyes.

I woke up to the sun gazing down on my face. I turn around and groan. I sit there for a few seconds and open my eyes. I run them and put my shoes back on. I get up and walk out to the kitchen. A note was laying on the table.

We'll be back soon. Went to get groceries. Be safe and stay in the house.

Jake, Ty

I roll my eyes. They probably left about an hour ago, as because that's when the sun came up. I sit on the couch and look at my phone. I look through all the apps and see YouTube. My eyes got big and I pressed the icon. It loaded and showed a bunch of videos by different YouTubers. I searched how to fix a shower. When a lot of videos came up, I jumped up and grabbed the tools that Jake left out on the table. I pressed a video and followed the instructions.