Mystery Unsolved

We've been driving for a long time now. Tyler and Jake have switched driving time at least three times and I've been in the back seat, doing nothing. We've been in and out of so many cities and country sides that I don't know where we are anymore. I sit up and stretch my muscles that haven't been moved since last night.

"Where are we?" I ask, seeing Tyler is driving at the moment. Jake is in the passenger seat telling him directions from an old fashioned map.

"Ukraine." Tyler says and my eyes widen. We've traveled that far already?

"Right out side the city of Py..py-ry-at-yn." Jake says and makes a face back at me telling me he doesn't have a clue on how to say it. I nod my head and go with whatever he said.

"Has anyone followed us?" I said wearily. They nod their heads.

"One car followed us for a mile back in Slovakia. Other than that no." Jake says, and looks back at me. I smile a fake smile, only to cover up my anxiety that's building within me the longer we have to run. The constant fear of the person who wants you dead, finding you is completely overwhelming.

I pull my phone out and see it's at twenty percent from having it on battery saving mode. I open it up and go to messages.

From: Stefan

Cassia, your sister needs you now more than ever. Something has happened. I know you're not gonna like this, but you have to know. Matt was driving her to Damon and they were on Whickery Bridge. They lost control and went right into the river. I saved Matt. Elena didn't have her eyes open when I went back down. I pulled her up and took her to the hospital. She died with Damon's blood in her system. She's not doing well. She needs you.

I look up and blink away the small amount of tears that have pricked the corners of my eyes. I bat my eyelashes fast to get rid of them and I look to Damon's message.

From: Damon

Hey bitchy number two. I don't where you are, or why you left, but Elena needs you right now. I'm sure Stefan has filled in on what happened. She's a mess. Bonnie can't help her and we sure as hell can't either. Please come home.

I roll my eyes at his message. He never has a dull moment that's for sure. My thumb hovers over Elena's name to see her, without a doubt, sad and desperate messages to me. I shut my phone off and look out the window. Just admit it. You care for your sister. No. No I don't. Yes you do, you just don't want to admit it because of how the past had played out. I'm silent to my conscious for a while, not wanting her to know that she could possibly be right. You see, I'm right. Oh shut up bitch.

"We should be getting into Russia soon. Once we get there we'll be able to take cover in an old house." Tyler says and Jake looks to him. He nods his head and pulls over. They switch spots and go on.

For a long time, I wonder what life would have been like back when Klaus and all his siblings were around a thousand years ago. What would have happened if I was alive back then? Would Klaus still like me? Would he still have an interest in me? I could only wonder. Thinking about this made me close my eyes and the only thing dancing around my mind is what it would have been like to know Klaus back then.  

I ran out of the small hut that my family owned. My dad was a Viking and my mother, she's a werewolf. No can know she is one though. They'd kill her for such a crime. My father and my siblings are the only ones that know about her.

I ran around people and they said hi to me as I galloped away. Of course I said hello back. I ran around a well and dipped my hands into it. I brought them up to my face and I drank the clear liquid. I wiped my hands onto my dress and began running my daily ritual. I ran all the way around the village and back, saying hi to people and helping the elderly. I looked behind me I saw a orange butterfly fly by me. I wanted to remember it forever so I turned my head to get a better look.