The Past Will Haunt You

Cassia's bedroom^^^^

I open my eyes and all I see is darkness around me. I look at the tv and it's off. I furrow my brows and think to myself. The tv that was in the living room when I left never shut off on its own. Did Elena get a new one? No, I doubt that. Then who turned it off? Elena fell asleep before me and I didn't turn it off. I shrugged my shoulders and got up slowly so I wouldn't wake Elena. I grabbed my phone that was on the coffee table and turned the flashlight on. I took a second glance at the time and widened my eyes. 2:00am. I picked the perfect time to wake up. Not. I drag myself to the stairs and run up them like I'm still that ten year old kid who thinks someone is chasing them upstairs in the dark.

Once I get to my old room, I just stood outside of it. I didn't know what to expect. Did my parents clean out my room and use as a storage room, or did they leave it the way it was?

After a long time of staring at the white,wooden door, I turned the knob and finally opened it. The smell of all my perfumes are still lingering in the air and the same bed spread is on the bed I left behind. I look over to my desk and see my bracelets scattered across it. My cup is still on the floor and my books are still in the place where I threw them so many years ago.

You're crying.

I bring my hand up to my face and sure enough, there's salt and water droplets running down my face. I drop to the floor and pick up the cup. It flashes through my eyes like it was yesterday.

{Flashback}

I started my car and waited for my friends. I honked three times in a row and Ben comes running out of the gym.

"You little snollygoster!" He yells laughing and I laugh as well.

"Come on, get in!" I yell and press the gas to make the engine roar. He jumps over the door and into my black convertible Camaro.

"Where's Nat?" He asks me, turning up the radio.

"I link he i bofttall prabtice!" I scream over the radio while backing up. He looks over to me with his nose scrunched up and his brows furrowed.

"What?!" He says laughing so hard I swear he'll probably fall to the bottom of the car.

"I think she's in softball practice!" I yell again, and laugh at his weird being. His back is towards the door and his legs are towards me, almost kicking me in the face. I turned the radio down a bit and looked over to him. "What did you think I said?!" I laughed at how ridiculous he looked.

"That s-she was l-linked to the f-football captain!" He starts cracking up laughing and I just shake my head and laugh too.

"What's that even supposed to mean?" I ask as I pull up the exit to the gym.

"I have n-no idea!" He says still unable to shut up. I look up and see Natalee staring at us weirdly.

"Are you guys high? Do I need to call the police? Or even worse..." both me and Ben stopped laughing and looked at her. What could be worse than the police? "Your parents." She says shaking as if that exact image makes her disgusted and totally uneasy. Ben cracks up laughing and I clap my hands.

"Isn't that truth!" I yell and Nat gets into the back. She throws her bags in the back and jumps over the door exactly how Ben did.

"We gettin Zach?" She asks as she put her hair up into a pony tail.

"Yeah, he's at baseball practice so we have to go pick him up..." I started to to say, but Ben cut me off.

"All the way across town" Ben says annoyed, but starts laughing afterwards.

All the way to the baseball fields, we had our radio blaring and our hair being blown by the wind. We go through red lights and laugh when people honk at us.

Once we get to the field, Zach comes running and literally, legs in the air and jumps into the car. He lands on his head and Nat ruffles his hair. He looks up at her with eye brows up.

"Bet that hurt buddy!" Ben yelled and I pulled out of the park area and went to the grill.

When we got there, people yelled at us and some said hey as we pulled in. I parked without slowing down and we all jumped out of the black convertible. We ran into the small restaurant that our infamous town is famous for, mostly because it's the only restaurant that gets enough service.

We ran to the bar and sat up on the stools. A guy named Jake came over to us.

"Now, I don't think you guys are old enough to drink..." he says smiling.

"Oh come on Jake!" Nat whines, trying to get him to give us drinks with her charm.

"Yeah come on man!" Zach says after her. Jake puts his hands up in fake surrender and goes back to mix our drinks. We've drank here before, he was just givin us a hard time. Jake graduated two years ago and is helping out his parents at home.

The rest of the night was a blur and I drove the gang back to their homes. Once I got home, I wasn't expecting the lights to be on. I parked and waited for the long and annoying lecture from my over protective, 'perfect' parents.

I opened the door and instantly slamming it to run up the stairs.

"Cassiana! Get your ass down here right now!" My dad yelled at me. I ignored him and ran to my room. I closed the door and locked it. I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding and jumped onto my bed. I layer there for a few minutes before I heard someone walking upstairs. They went to my door and wriggled the door knob.

"Cassia, open the door." My mother said in a soft, sad voice. I instantly felt guilty when it came to my mom. I dragged myself off the bed and stood at the door, staring at it. "Please." I rolled my eyes, covering up that I actually was feeling bad about what I've done. I unlocked it and went to my desk. She opened it and slowly came over to me. The only sound in the room was our breathing. She put a hand on my shoulder and let out a shaky breath.

"We just don't want you to get in trouble, Cas. Or even worse, die because of being intoxicated while driving." She says, getting even more emotional the more she talks. Of all she said, she doesn't know what makes me upset.

"So now you care about me!" I yell. She takes a step back and her eyes widen. "All of my life, I've never known why you looked at Elena a different way than you do me. But what the real reason is that you love her more. That she's not a screw up and someone who can't be perfect." She comes closer to me and I push all the books off my desk. "NO!" I yell. I glare at her and she takes another step back. A tear falls down her face and I clench my fists. I push the cup off my desk in rage and water goes everywhere.

"I've never loved her more than you." She says under breathe. That very sentence puts me over the edge and I bring my fist close to her face. I could feel her breath on my face and I look into her eyes.

"Get...out." I say deadly and she runs out of my room. She closes the door and I start to realize what I just did. My hands go back to normal and I fall to the ground. All the pain from over the years rushing into me and through me. Every look she gave to Elena, everything she did for her. But nothing for me. Hell, even dad hates me. I fall asleep on the floor crying from all the pain that my family has given me over the years.

{flashback over}

I look up and think... that was the last time I saw her.