They're Here

Now that Klaus and Elijah are out of harms way, we've been cooped up in their mansion for a whole week. Klaus says that he needs to plan a way to get back at Tyler. I don't blame him. Sure, I almost stayed the rest of my life with that bastard, but he made me choose between the two of them. And if I didn't choose him, he would kill Klaus anyway. Who would even do that?

I walk down the stairs and see Klaus and Elijah sitting on the couch in the living room. They seem to be having a very intense conversation and it only interests me more. I go over to them slowly and listen in.

"He needs to be punished, I know that Nik-"

"No, he needs to be killed. He threatened Cassia. He needs to feel pain like he never felt it before."

"Klaus, I'm sure you don't mean that."

"Elijah, he held us captive. He was going to wipe our minds of even the idea of Cassia. He needs to die."

I look down at the ground and try to let all of this set in. It was hard to think about my best friend, well my ex-best friend dying. It was hard to grip the idea around in my head. I walk out of the room, my shoes making noise on the ground. I felt their eyes on me and I walked out the door. I didn't know where I was going, I was just walking. I thought about Tyler, the way he was when I said I would stay with him. Then the way he was when he said he would kill Klaus and his family. Then I thought about Jake. He wasn't who I thought he was. He was never the mean boyfriend. He was just trying to protect me. Zach, he was a surprise. A very nice surprise to say the least. Just when I thought all of my friends were dead, there he was.

I looked up and saw that I was at an old place I used to go when I needed to talk. Not to anyone in particular. I would sit in the white gazebo and watch the pond bubble up when fish came up for food. I would talk to myself and try to figure out my thoughts. And I did exactly that.

I sat there for a while, thinking. River. I'm supposed to give the book to him today. To Tyler. If he gets the book, then he will be unstoppable. I get up and run to the sidewalk. Before I could get there, however, someone ran in front of me and stood there. They held my shoulders so I didn't fall into them. My eyes widen and I look up. I roll my eyes and groan.

"Damon, what do you want?" I ask and he looks down at me with widened eyes. His mouth is agape in annoyance.

"What do I want? You haven't been home in a whole week! We haven't heard from you and Elena was starting to get worried." He yells at me and I move out of his hands that were holding me in place.

"Klaus and Elijah are out of Tyler's place. Klaus wants to kill Tyler." I fill him in on the basics. He narrows his eyes at me.

"The note was from Tyler?" He asks and I nod my head. "He's the leader?" I nod my head again and he throws his arms up in the air. "Let's go kill them then!" I smirk and he looks to me with a brow up.

"I'm starting to like you, Salvatore." I say and try to put my arm around his shoulders, but I was too short. He laughs and rolls his eyes. He picks me up bridal style and I yell.

"I like ya too, Gilbert."

Once we got back to the Gilbert house, Damon puts me down and we go into the house. Jeremy runs to me and I almost fall to the ground.

"I feel like I haven't seen in forever." He says and I laugh.

"I miss you too, lil bro." I say and he pulls away. We walk to the kitchen and Elena is looking at a map with Stefan. I raise a brow and walk over to them. "What's going on?"

They look to me and Elena looks to Stefan. He looks to the ground, like he doesn't want to break the news, but Elena is making him. He scratches the back of his neck and looks up to me.