You Should Have Stayed Quiet

I wake up in the back of the car, the blood on my face dried up and it made my face feel like stone. I look around and it's dark out. Kol was driving now and Beks was looking on her phone. I glanced at it and then saw her brother's name. Klaus. I didn't look any further into the text, wanting not to look at things that are private to her. I sit up and expect to feel overwhelmingly, excruciating pain go through my ribs, but it doesn't.

"You're up." Kol says and looks in his rear view mirror. His eyes are wide with concern and it makes me feel good. "How do you feel?"

"A lot better. It's all gone." I say in astonishment. He nods his head. "I didn't think that your blood could heal broken bones."

"It can heal basically anything." Rebekah says and puts her phone down. "We're almost to Mystic Falls."

"Do you guys have like a napkin or something?" I ask and Beks wet a napkin on a cup they must have gotten at a restaurant. She hands it to me and I look in the mirror getting the blood off. I crumble it up and put it in my pocket. I put my hand in my back pocket and found my phone. I opened it and saw no new messages. A part of me was happy about that. Being away, made it so that everyone I knew text me and I hated it.

We saw the sign and I sat up, taking in all the familiar, yet foreign scenes of the town. Nothing has changed. Yet I didn't expect it too either. They drove to their house and my stomach twisted in knots thinking about seeing Klaus. They kept looking straight, almost as if they were uneasy. I raised my brow at them and looked out the side window.

We pulled up to the mansion, and all the outside lights were on. Kol got out and ran to the door. I slowly got out of the car, wanting to take as slow as possible. Rebekah walked in after Kol and looked back at me. I smiled and she cocked her head and smiled back. She knew something was wrong.

I walked in after Beks and I heard talking. Klaus and Elijah. I gulped and walked into the room.

"Hello brother." Elijah says and Kol smiles and brings him in for a hug. Klaus hugs Rebekah and I stand at the door way awkwardly. I walk in after a few minutes and sit down on a chair. The siblings talk for a while, but I feel someone's gaze on me. I don't dare look back at him.

Rebekah, Kol and Elijah leave and go into a different room. I look up at Klaus. He smiles at me and I get up. I don't even know I'm doing it, but I hug him. I move head against his chest and he wraps his arms around me instantly. He holds me protectively and I sigh.

"What did he do to you?" He asks softly, rubbing my back.

"He threw me to the ground, punched me in the face, kicked me in the ribs, I think that's it." I say thinking back to it. He stops rubbing my back and gets tense.
He pushes me away abruptly and I almost fall to the ground.

"What the hell?" I ask, more to myself than anyone. He turns around and glares.

"Ever since you came into my life, you've been messing it up. Not anymore." He says and walks out the door. I stand there thinking this whole situation was going a different way. I sit down and think about how I got here.

Later I got up and decided to go over to the Salvatore house. Not saying I miss my sister or anything, but I need to talk to her.

I walk there and the sky is turning a pink shade from the glistening sun. I close my eyes while I'm walking and think back to a day when everything was normal. When my parents were alive, my sister was a cheerleader, Jeremy did good at grades and everything was completely amazing.

I walked through the halls of Mystic Falls High School with books in my hands and my black leather backpack is being carried on my shoulders. I'm wearing a black shirt, blue and white striped shorts, and a long army green colored vest.