13 - Italian

Chapter 13

You stared at the blonde woman grabbing Angel and muttering things in Italian, which you didn’t speak. With a big smile on her face, she ran her hands through his hair and muttered sweet sounding things.

Angel pulled away ruffly and began whining in Italian, fixing the hair his mother messed up. He turned to you with a tired look.

“YN, Mother. Mother, YN.” To your absolute horror, the blonde woman turned to you with a gasp.

“So, you’re the woman marrying my son!” she exclaimed. Her hands, cold and bony, clasped to your face and turned your head every which way. She backed up with a small grimace. Mrs. Cosimo looked to her son with a disappointed look. “Questo è chi sposerai?” He nodded while biting his lip.

“Si, Mamma.” She scoffed and looked back at you.

“Non ti sbagliavi. Lei è molto brutta.” Angel glared at his mother.

“Non parlare di lei in quel modo, mamma,” he said quickly. She looked at him with a confused glance.

“Angel, mi hai detto che lo era-”

“No, Mamma.” He glanced at you momentarily, then back at his mother. “Lascialo solo.”

You, not understanding a word of Italian, didn’t realize they were just arguing over where you were ugly or not. Angel on the side that you were beautiful, his mother on the side that you did not deserve her son.

“I will get the rest of the family,” Mrs. Cosimo said to Angel, giving you one last disdained look up and down. She then left, and neither of you moved until the clicking of her heels was far quieter. You took a deep breath, as though you had just survived a wild animal attack.

“Ignore my mother,” Angel said. “You… uh… You don’t speak Italian, right?” You nodded and Angel let out a relieved sigh.

“Why? What where you saying about me?” Angel’s face burned red as you smirked. “Don’t worry. I’m just teasing you.”

“D-don’t do that!” he yelped loudly. You just chuckled and looked around.

“So, where’s my room?”

TIME SKIP

You stood outside a doorway as you marveled at the room on the other side. There was a queen sized bed that stood at your waist with cream coloured canopy hanging from the ceiling. There was furniture around the room that was wooden and painted brilliant white.

You entered the room hesitantly, finding a large stuffed bear laying in the bed in an upright position. You approached it and fell face first into the bear’s fur. It was soft, and cuddly. You wrapped your arms around the bear and took a deep, relaxing breath. Angel chuckled from the doorway. You sat up and glared at him, still laying on the bear.

“Sorry,” you said. “I forgot you existed for a moment.” He shot you an unamused look and rolled his eyes.

“C’mon. I’ll have the maids get you unpacked. We have to go meet the family, remember?” You sighed reluctantly and buried your face in the bear’s fur once again.

“But… I just wanna cuddle (b/n)...” The room was silent for a moment.

“(b/n)?” Angel said sarcastically.

“Yes. His name is now (b/n). Do you have an issue, Angel?” He simply rolled his eyes and leaned against the doorway frame.

“No, I guess not. But I must say that I’m disappointed that I’m marrying such a child.” You snapped your fingers at him.

“I am not a child, Angel!” He scoffed and began leaving the room.

“Yeah. Sure, you’re not.” You raced after him, leaving (b/n) on the bed.

“Hold on!”

TIME SKIP AGAIN

You sat at the dining room table, long and mahogany. Even though you and Angel had already eaten that night, it would be rude to not join the Cosimo family for dinner. Any other girl in your place would be super excited and worried about her hair, her clothes, her shoes, how she ate.

No, you were worried about if your dress was too tight. A maid entered your room earlier to help you into a corset to make you seem prettier. She said her name was Emiko and Angel sent her to ‘make you less ugly’.

You nearly punched the wall. You hated Angel. Even if he was charming at times.

*****
Hey guys! Depression is a bitch. So is anxiety. Life sucks miserably.

Anyway! Don't forget to vote and comment! Byyyeee!!