16 - BATHTIME

Chapter 16

You were awoken by a knocking at the door. You yawned and sat up as the door opened. You were expecting it to be Katsuro entering after a long night at a club to crash on your bed as he always did, so you were thrown off when you saw a small girl with black hair and big brown eyes in a maid’s outfit.

“Ms. YN?” she squeaked in a small voice, a fluffy white towel in her arms. You recognized her from the day previously as the turn of events flowed into your mind like a waterfall.

“It’s… Emiko, right?” The girl nodded meekly. Emiko seemed sweet enough.

“Mistress sent me to get you prepared for the day, Miss. I have a bath prepared for you.” She motioned to a white door n the corner of the room. You glanced at it. You hadn’t opened it, thinking it might be a closet. You didn’t like closets. There was always a demogorgon or some creepy monster hiding in it.

Out of curiosity, you slid out of the bed, nearly falling to the floor because of not being used to the drop. You approached the door and opened the crystal handle slowly, like you were in a horror movie.

Behind the door was a brightly lit bathroom, with white tile floors, a porcelain toilet, a tall sink with a wide mirror, and a large bathtub built into the floor that could fit at least three people comfortably. You gasped at the sight of the beautiful bathroom. The bathtub was filled partially with a layer of flower petals on the surface of the water. The bathroom was filled with the scent of warm vanilla and roses.

“You make take your bath, Miss,” said Emiko, setting the towel on a metal rack beside the bathtub. “Would you like some help?” You quickly shook your head. Emiko nodded and left the bathroom.

After another moment of marvelling at the bathroom, you stripped down and slipped into the tub, the warm water making your skin tingle in an amazing way. You accidentally let out a moan as you submerged your body in the warm water. You clasped your hand over your mouth, but let it go as you remembered no one was around.

The petals in the water were completely unorthodox in your mind, but they sure were pretty. You felt kind of bad for the flowers, stripped because you were going to take a bath. Stretching out, your hand landed on the wall. You found a small red button and a small green button. You turned your body like a mermaid in the water, looking at the buttons. You pressed the red one. Nothing happened.

You pressed the green one, and bubbles began filling the water! It was a jacuzzi. You jumped at the sudden sound of pipes gurgling, but then relaxed into the tub with a contented sigh.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Cosimo and her eldest son were having a conversation in the living room. (Remember they are speaking in italian here)

“Angel,” his mother cooed from the couch. He paced back and forth in front of the ivory fireplace. “I know you don’t care for your fiance, but I must be taking her out for a dress fitting and wedding planning.”

“Mother, I understand that. I just asked if I could accompany you. If she is to marry me, why am I not allowed to pick out the dress?”

“Because, my dear son, it’s unlucky to see the bride in her dress before the wedding. You can’t see her dress until the wedding.” Damn, Angel thought. We have weeks left. That’s much too long. “I remember a few young ladies who are about your age if you would like me to introduce you to them, of course.” Angel stopped pacing and glanced at his mother.

“What do you mean?”

“Angel, you’re getting married to a woman you’ve never met before. It’s normal you’re gonna want to find a mistress or two. I mean, your father had many mistresses until you were born. No worries, my dear son.” Angel shot his mother a disgusted glare.

“Are you telling me you just let father cheat on you?”

“It wasn’t cheating if I was doing it as well, darling.” Angel felt disgusted by his mother. And his father. “It’s time you understand these things if you’re going to be getting married.” Angel stormed away without another word. His mother sighed as a maid entered.

“Mistress?” Emiko squeaked. Mrs. Cosimo looked at the young maid. “Ms. LN is prepared for the day.” Mrs. Cosimo clicked her tongue and nodded, standing and brushing off her eye catching red dress.

You descended down the stairs in a rather plain, but nice, white dress. You had never worn anything like this before, and you felt like a princess over all else. Mrs. Cosimo looked you up and down with a bored look.

“I guess she shall do for now. Emiko, tell Jerade to get the car ready quickly. We’re leaving within the hour.” Emiko nodded and scurried away to do what she had been told. “YN,” said Mrs. Cosimo. You looked to her with wide eyes. “Have you ever been to Emmet’s?” You shook your head. She smirked.

*****
Because who doesn't need a nice relaxing bath every once in a while? Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a nice day!