35 - Trap

Chapter 35

Angel woke up early and left the bedroom, leaving you fast asleep on the bed you had shared. He didn’t want to leave you, though. He wanted to sit beside you and watch your chest as it went up and down with every breath, watch as your lips moved slightly as if you were talking in your dream, watch as your eyes fluttered open when you woke up, and you would smile at him and kiss his lips good morning...

As he walked out, shaking himself out of his daydream, Angel grabbed the key from off the nightstand and locked the door behind him. You wouldn’t be able to leave until he came to get you.

He slipped the key in his pocket and went to the dining room, finding that his mother, brother, and Miranda were all eating a large, healthy breakfast. Miranda perked up at the sound of her fiance entering the room.

“Angel!” she exclaimed, launching herself from the table and flinging herself around his neck like a touch-starved koala.

“We weren’t expecting you back until tomorrow,” said Caspian. Angel threw a smile at his brother and nodded.

“I know, but I’m back and I have a request.”

“Anything for you, Angel, sweetheart,” said Mrs. Cosimo. Caspian pressed his lips together in a thin line. He hated when his mother said things like that. Caspian knew that no matter what happened, Angel would be their mother’s favorite.

“I want to move up the wedding,” he stated, a blank look on his face. Caspian knew that face all too well. Angel had a plan. Miranda squealed.

“Everything you say is absolutely brilliant!” she shrieked. Angel winced at the girl, and pulled his arm away from her quickly.

“How soon shall we bring it up to?”

“Tomorrow,” Angel stated. That one word made Miranda nearly scream in excitement.

“Yay! I can’t believe it! We’re getting married tomorrow!” She clapped her hands together. “I need to call my father!” She then raced away, nearly tripping over her dress up the stairs.

“Why so soon, Angel?” asked Mrs. Cosimo.

“Because, Mother,” he smirked lightly. Only Caspian noticed. “I just can’t wait much longer.”

You woke up late in the day. You knew because Angel was long gone and the space beside you in the bed was cold. Also, bright sunlight flooded through the window and onto your face.

You sat up in the bed and stretched. Your eyes danced around the room, finding a maid’s uniform folded on the dresser. You decided that you should change because you didn’t want to stay in your old, dirty clothes, and nobody had brought in your luggage so you didn’t have any other clothes.

After getting dressed and folding your dirty laundry into a small, organized pile, you went to the door to leave and find Angel. The door knob didn’t turn. You raised an eyebrow. Maybe it was jammed?

You tried again to open the door, but this time nothing happened. You began freaking out. Nobody would have locked you in here, right? You began jiggling the handle, and you heard the door trying to open.

It was locked.

You were locked in. You were freaking out. To try and calm down, you took a deep breath in, but nothing helped you calm down. Your hands were shaking wildly and you felt as though the walls were closing in on you.

Why the hell did you agree to come with him!? You didn’t want to be here! A hundred miles from home freaking out in a locked room in the house of your ex-fiance! You never pictured yourself in this situation, at least not before your 20th birthday!

You tried the door a few more times, then the window. You had to find a way out of there, soon. The window couldn’t open and the door was locked. You fell to the floor, pulling your knees to your chest.

So, there you were, sitting in a maid’s uniform in a locked bedroom in your ex-fiance’s house having a freaking anxiety attack. You began thinking really angry thoughts towards your brother. You wished he had done something to stop you from going. You wished he cared about you at all, or at least enough to stop you from leaving with with a guy who tried to marry you underage!

You remembered how you were supposed to call Katsuro when you landed, but you had forgotten and been too tired to remember. When Angel came back, you’d tell him that you had to call your brother.

Angel was coming back… right? He had to be. He couldn’t just leave you to die in the servant’s quarters? Right?

You sighed. You didn’t know, in all honesty, if he would leave you there or not.

*****
So.... whatcha thinking? What's Angel's plan? Why did he trap you away and move the wedding up so soon?

(Btw I probably have the chapter written by the time I publish this, so I swear I'm not stealing ideas from the comments section)

Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a nice day!