26 - Watch Us Burn

Chapter 26

The two males moved to Mr. Cosimo’s old office, soon to be Angel’s. There was an antique globe in the corner, an old katana from Japan hanging on the wall, a large mahogany desk looking out the big window overlooking the courtyard. Large bookshelves lined the walls with many books that were twice as old as Mr. Cosimo. A large painting sat on the wall. It was of Mr. and Mrs. Cosimo and their two sons many years ago.

Behind it was a safe, meant to store and protect many valuables. Of course, Angel knew the passcode. He would have to soon enough.

“Whitney,” Angel hissed at his cousin. His tone was assertive and rather threatening, but Whitney didn’t flinch. His cousin had tried to kill him multiple times, and failed each and every one. “Answer me. Now.” Angel faced out the window and at the courtyard of the manor, a grave grimace on his face

“Well, dear cousin of mine,” Whitney said with a chuckle. He leaned against the desk with his arms crossed over his chest. “I promise to you, I will not attempt to take your beloved YN’s hand in marriage.”

Angel released a short lived sigh of relief.

“But that won’t stop me from taking her to bed as quickly as I can.” Angel whipped around, a burning rage in his eyes. The bluenette simply chuckled at his cousin. “Oh, please. She’s far too cute for the likes of you. And either way, be glad I’m just using her quickly. It’s not like she’ll end up like Anna, Bear, and Carlos.”

“You mean she isn’t going to end up dying in a fire?” Angel’s glare towards his cousin intensified as the bluenette smirked smuggly.

“Well now, I can’t promise that.” He stood up, about to leave the room. “And Angel, you and I both know that I wasn’t the only one playing with matches that night…”

Angel’s blood ran cold. He didn’t want to think of that night. He didn’t want to remember what happened. He wasn’t even supposed to be there, but stupid Whitney convinced him it would be fun.

Angel didn’t know that the house was still full…

*flashback*

Angel was young. Just a child. So innocent, so sweet. He loved his cousin Whitney. He was his best friend, after all. More like a brother than anything else.

That night, the older one, his hair light brown at the time, convinced Angel that his siblings had done something absolutely horrible to him. Angel would do anything for his dear older cousin, after all.

“What did they do?” Angel asked, his voice sweet and innocent. Whitney glared at the stars above them. The two, along with Aki, had snuck out their bedroom window of the manor.

“They were born…” Whitney muttered. But Angel didn’t hear him. The poor blonde didn’t know what was happening. Aneroga smiled at his sister and cousin, and loudly said, “Mummy said I won’t get a part in the company, you know. That I won’t be as good as the others. Right, Aki?”

Akiko nodded in the background, a silent but psychotic smirk on her face.

“So…. what are we going to do, Whit?” asked Angel, rubbing his hands together anxiously. His cousin handed him a small box of matches.

“Well, this part of the manor is connected to the other part by a hallway. You know, the west wing and the east wing. We were sleeping in the west wing, like all the servants and stuff. Nobody really important will be sleeping in the east wing.”

“But… what about damages?”

“Mummy and Daddy can pay for all the stuff in there. There’s nothing really important in there.” Angel sighed, his hands shaking with anxiety and nervousness. “Nothing… irreplaceable…”

“So…. what do you want from me here?” Whitney smirked and turned around. He handed a rag to his blonde cousin. It was soaked in something that smelled absolutely dreadful. The scent made Angel’s eyes water and his throat close up.

“I need you to go drape this over the kitchen stove top. Aki will go with you, and when you’re done you come right back out and meet me here, okay?” Angel nodded quickly. He didn't like this. Not one bit.

Nonetheless, the blonde boy followed his cousin’s demands and draped the wet, disgusting rag over the oven and looked around the downstairs kitchen. Beside the gas oven was a sink, and across the room was a pile of gas canisters for the oven and the fireplaces upstairs.

Aki sent Angel out the doors and began taking care of things. He didn’t know how she turned on the oven. He only knew a small amount of the plan as he saw her dragging out one of the canisters. She made a line with the gas out into the grass.

It was too late for Angel to do anything as Whitney struck a match.

******
WHITNEY YOU BASTARD!!!

Btw, in the next chapter, it's gonna start in italics. That's because we're starting with a flashback.

Also, sorry for the sudden absence! I'm super sick rn and this sucks🤒.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a nice day!