18 - The Ball

Chapter 18

With the success in choosing your dress and a very unhappy mother in law, the three of you returned to the Cosimo manor. The day seemed to be moving really, painfully slowly.

Emiko basically took care of you all day. You did a face mask or two, painted your nails (f/c), and had your makeup done up just right. Finally, night had fallen and the ball was beginning. You hadn’t had a chance to explore the estate since you had arrived, and were surprised to find that there was, in fact, a ballroom connected to a back patio.

There was a knock at your bedroom door when you were finished preparing. Emiko let the person in. Angel stood behind you in a black tux with a white rose pinned in the lapel. His gaze landed on you and he froze.

Angel took a deep breath. God, you were beautiful. The way your (h/c) hair framed your face, or how your makeup made your eyes pop, or how your (f/c) dress complimented your (b/t) body perfectly. You were beautiful.

And you were all his.

You cleared your throat as you stood up, Emiko bowing her head and leaving you with Angel. You glanced at your fiance, no exact expression on your face. In all honesty, you were sick and tired of him already. You just wanted to go home to Kat.

“YN,” Angel breathed without realizing it. He cleared his throat and regained his composure. “Let’s go. People are waiting.” You sighed deeply. You didn’t want to do this at all. You were never good with large crowds of people, especially when you didn’t belong with them.

You took Angel’s arm and he guided you through the halls to the grand staircase. At least a hundred people entering the front doors in clothes that cost more than your entire apartment building. Everyone seemed to be there, sipping champagne and eating small party foods (and, of course, pudding).

Angel did exactly what you hoped he wouldn’t do, and cleared his throat loud enough to gather the attention of the entire room. Everything grew silent and your knees went weak. All eyes turned to you and your fiance standing at the top of the stairs.

“Ladies and gentlemen,” Angel announced in a loud and proud voice. “May I introduce to you, my bride to be, YN LN.”

Polite and controlled clapping filled the room. You wouldn’t be surprised if the makeup on your face was melting off from how much you were blushing. You just wanted to run back to your room, take a bath, and go to sleep.

“Come, YN,” Angel whispered to you. “Let’s greet the people.” You would rather rip your heart out through your chest with your bare hands. There was no way in hell you would be having any fun with any of this bullshit.

You were surrounded by rich old ladies complimenting your hair and you skin, and then going off on tangents about when they were your age or whatever. People even close to your age seemed to avoid you at all costs, glancing at you and then sipping their champagne.

Angel stood beside you most of the night, guiding you around, showing you off like a trophy. You felt… useless. You didn’t say anything but polite ‘thank you’s and small ‘excuse me’s. You hated this more than anything.

Neither you nor Angel noticed the boy in the corner of the room. His lavender eyes never once leaving your form. He ran a hand through his cobalt blue hair and brushed off the shoulders of his ivory coloured tuxedo.

“Cornelius!” called Mr. Cosimo, a bowl of pudding in his hand. Angel perked up. “Come and great your Aunt Courtney.” He nodded and left your side momentarily. You were about to follow him through the crowds, since he was the only person you even semi-knew.

Then a silk soft hand found yours and whisked you away from Angel. You gasped at the sudden movement, seeing only the back of the man’s head. He was tall, about as tall as Angel, and he looked to be the same age. You followed him silently through the crowds and to the nearly empty patio. You supposed that he was well known, because people waved at him and said ‘hello’ and he waved and replied.

Finally, you both stood on the patio porch, the cold and silent night surrounding you. You pulled your arm away, looking at the strange with confusion. He turned around with a small smirk on his lips, and your heart fluttered madly. His lavender eyes tracked you up and down, causing every nerve in your body to burst into flames.

“W-Who are you?” you stuttered, trying (and failing) to keep your emotions in check) He ran a hand through his cobalt hair and chuckled. His voice was deep and soothing. You were half surprised he was human.

“My apologies, Miss,” he said. “In my hurry to get you alone, I forgot to introduce myself.” he stretched a hand towards you, making you jump back. His motions were fluid and thought out, like a ballet dance. “My name is Whitney, Miss. Whitney Aneroga.

*****
WHITNEY IS A BOY'S NAME!!! Fun fact, I was originally gonna name him "Four", because that's also a boy's name, and he is the fourth child in his family, but you'll learn about that later.

Anyway! Have a nice day. Don't forget to vote and comment!