1 | one last thing

y/n's pov

im not a morning person. ive never been one, from the start anyway. i usually pull all-nighters and end up sleeping to 10am or 11am. people say that i waste my time being all cooped up in my room browsing youtube and reddit. but what else do i have to do? my parents already got me covered by donating me money every week. 

they only do it out of sympathy.

ever since i moved out, ive been isolating myself from my social life more and more. i dont even have a hobby honestly, well.. maybe art counts, but it's not that useful in this world. you need some doctorate degree to be able to live a happy life right? but i dropped out of college before i even finish my first year. thats how tired i am in this world.

alright, enough depressing shit. lets start my usual day.

woke up at 10:38am, which was pretty common during the cold winter since i tend to sleep in so i could avoid facing the morning cold outside. i got up and did my normal routine which consists of me being in the bathroom for 45 minutes (skin care, showering, etc) and getting my equipment ready. now you may ask, whats the equipment for?

didnt i say i do art earlier?

well that art skill of mine has some use, like being able to make thumbnails for youtubers and content creators. i do make some decent money off of it, thanks to my reasonable pricing and negotiation. im able to rake in at least $3500 per month just by doing thumbnails for tons of youtubers. graphic design is a pretty good profession if you know what to do with it of course.

i set up my graphics tablet and my monitor, quickly getting the hand glove and the pen ready. i pull up my business email and replied to some new submissions before i got a notification. "kryozgaming has sent you a message" the notification read. ive been working with kryoz waaaay before i even moved out, so we were used to each other's preferences. I predicted that the message was just him requesting for his next video's thumbnail, but it wasn't.

kryozgaming (john)
hey, look i know this is random but i dont need your work anymore.

y/n
what? why?

kryozgaming (john)
private reasons. sorry, it's been a great 3 years working with you but i just.. i can't. im so sorry.

y/n
john. please, you know you are the backbone of my work, on why im still functioning as a proper human being. you keep your payments consistent and probably helped me pay of the shit i need like food and rent. john you can't.

kryozgaming (john) has blocked you

__
i was in shock. why did john just.. stopped working with me? did he find someone else better? he can't, we've been working together for so long, i felt like we had some connection.

kryozgaming uploaded a new video

i can't even stand looking at that name anymore. but for the sake of my own sanity, i clicked on the notification one last time before unsubscribing from him and blocking his content out from my youtube algorithm forever. 

the thumbnail had a different art style.

he hired someone else to do his art. are you fucking kidding me. someone else? who did it? im curious, because they probably charge less, or do something better, well i don't fucking know. 

i checked the description and see no link to the artist. maybe they want to remain anonymous? i checked john's twitter, nothing. i checked his instagram, nothing. twitch, not even online. something, anything, will tell who this bitch is. 

oh google, google, let down your results, as i am who searches, "kryoz thumbnails". i looked up on google images and see the new thumbnail as well as the person who tweeted it. "@artware: this new thumbnail i made for @kryozgaming was p epic" (a/n: this is not the real person who makes his thumbnails, i just made the account up.)

i was already typing up a dm for them on twitter. i pretended to be an innocent follower who asked about thumbnail pricing. 

they replied around 2 hours later, clout much? 

"hello y/n! this is my pricing for art orders. 1 character each is $20 + $5 for details (like really detailed hair/facial features/clothing). speed delivery will be $10 more (since i usually finish in 2 days time). any custom backgrounds will be $30+ depending on how detailed you want it to be.
any questions/concerns about the orders? - @artware"

pricing is outrageous. one character for $25? i do like $10 cheaper. and i finish up in 3 hours, because being efficient and quick with your work will benefit in the long run. not willing to spend $10 more for "sPeEd dEliVerY". and custom backgrounds for more than $30? john can't just pick them because of the pricing. it has to be more than that.

you know what, i'll just order something. one last thing before i say goodbye to john forever. 

i'll order a picture of john and me.

one last thing.

before i say goodbye.

forever.

__

a/n:

845 words

have a yeehaw day