18 | nightmare

third person pov

"You don't have to do this, John," The girl, dressed in a bloodied uniform, holds up her rifle. "You. Don't. Have. To. Do. This."

"Oh, but I do, hun." Another male voice hissed and echoed. Debris and dust fill the rooms and hallways. The girl, with the rifle, steps over a few rocks, looking into each room, checking for any signs of life.

"We have a cure now. You can become human aga—""There is no turning back now!" The male's voice roared. The girl turns and kneels on one knee, pointing her rifle in the direction of the voice. Her eyes now widen and her breathing becomes heavier. She looks through her rifle scope and shifts it from around. The coast is clear. She lowers her rifle and stands up again.

"W-we have a cure. It's more developed. More so than before." The girl attempts for an assurance.

"How can you know, kid?" The male starts to sob but is still out of sight. The voice whispers. "How can you know... y/n?"

"You should know this, John. You started the development," y/n steps forward with her rifle still up. "You started the research for a cure."

"There is no salvation for me!" John's voice roared again.

y/n reaches a cross-section where there are four hallways, each leading in a different direction. y/n turns. A shadow emerges from an end of a corridor, out of y/n's sight. It outlines a body with long arms, with pointy fingers, and long legs. The shadow gallops forth and roars. y/n immediately turns and empty her rifle as the shadow jumps. She kneels and continues to fire as the creature misjudges its jump. Bullets go through the creature as it drops to the ground in the direction y/n was going. y/n reloads her rifle, breathing heavily; She stands up and closes in.

"Holy shit..." y/n takes small steps towards the creature. It is still breathing heavily.

"y/n?" The creature coughs out blood and repeats the name.

"John?" y/n's eyes widen in shock. "What the fuck?"

y/n immediately slings her rifle back and rushes to the creature's side. She kneels. The creature's body is wet, by bodily fluids and blood, and its flesh fully exposed, browned as though burnt or exposed too long and red showing wounds.

"y/n..." The creature turns towards the direction of y/n's voice. "Is that you?"

"J-john... Yes, yes. It's me," The creature reaches out in y/n's face direction and y/n grabs its hand. "It's y/n. y/n's here. D-don't worry. I'll bring you back to camp. We... We have a developed cure. We can save you."

y/n's voice chokes up.

"Do not cry, my love." The creature wipes the tears off the young girl's face. "I am too far cursed and the cure too early from perfection."

The creature drops its hand and ceases breathing. y/n breaks into tears and hits the chest. "Curse you... Old man."

__

y/n's pov

i woke up in a cold sweat.

what was that dream?

"y/n?" john whispered and half-opened his eyes.

"yeah. just a nightmare." i tiredly said and snuggled by john. hes so warm.

cuddling's nice isnt it?

it sure is.

__

a/n:

527 words

have a yeehaw day