14 | demons are real(?)

y/n's pov

i dont feel like myself. something else is controlling me, no, someone else is controlling me.

"greetings, sister." a woman's voice came out of nowhere and surprised me.

"who the fuck?-" i cursed but then someone else soon talked over me. "not a polite way of introducing yourself." the voice soon revealed to be... me? but with slightly different features.

"im deva. your inner demon. just like john and jeze." deva held out her hand and expected me to shake it, but i refused. 

"what happened to john?" i said immediately once i remember the image of john's bloodied body. "he's fine sweetheart, hes recovering in the hospital right now, thats all." deva chuckled.

"he's not fine, i saw him all fucking bloody." i yelled back. 

"well he is now. ill let you be yourself again after... we're done with this." deva said and faded away, leaving me in confusion and distraught.

ill never forget what i saw that night.

flashback

"john?" i yelled across the room. "yeah?" john replied back and smiled. we were actually cooking for once instead of doing postmates/uber eats. i havent felt this happy in a while. 

"how long do i have to sleep on the couch?" i asked. ever since john turned to normal again, ive been sleeping on the couch instead because his guest room is basically nothing. and im not ready to be sleeping in the same bed as john.

"when we finally get the bed here again. which is in a week." john answered back and popped a bell pepper in his mouth before scooping them into another bowl. "buuuuuuuut thats a loooong timeeeeee." i whined. i wasnt the patient type, ill say that. "well wait ya dingus." john laughed and began chopping up the other ingredients.

"mind if i help?" i got up from the couch and walked over to the sink. "yeah, please. if im going to do this all by myself then i should get dessert first." john chuckled. i washed my hands and dried them off with the nearby towel. "so... what do i do?" i looked at john and waited. "chop up those carrots and parsley and put them all in the pot here." john guided me and i followed.

"alright, thanks." i smiled and went to the knife block to cut up the food. i pulled out a small veggie knife and went to the chopping board where the carrots and parsley was already laid out. "im so glad you're back." i smiled at john and i see him smile back at me. "jeze is overly annoying, but i guess everyone has one on their side as well." john was shaking spices and herbs into the pot.

"i dont think i have a 'jeze' of mine. but sure, you do you, demon boy." i teased and began chopping up the veggies. "yeah, say that then freak out when you actually encounter your own demon." john laughed and stirred the pot.

i was happy, genuinely happy, until my mind just went blank. the sensation was... strange. it felt like no other. i didn't even talk, but someone made me talk instead. "john. can you get me the knife sharpener for me please? this tiny little thing isnt really doing the job." i spoke out. the knife was completely fine, it was just cutting all fine by itself.

"hmm? oh sure." john went to the cupboard and pulled out a small knife sharpener. "be careful." john laughed and went back tending to the soup.

"oh i will." the voice spoke out. whos even doing this? im screaming and no one can hear me.

the thing started sharpening the knife slowly, but soon quickened the pace once she got the hang of it. once they were satisfied, she hovered the knife right over john's back. 

"NO!" i screamed, but no sound came out of me.

bͦͫͩ̈͒ͪ̚ͅl̯̺͎͔ō̖̝̼͖̗͈̰o̗̫̤̍̆́̃̃ͮd͈ͭ͑͛͋ͬ̂̏ ͬͦ͋h̞̦̻͕͍̫ͣas̻͔̙̿̄̎̈́̏̂͒ ̰̈́̋ͦ̽ͥa͇͍͙̓ͮ̍̌ ̟̭̰͍̜͉̂ͩ͐͂̈̚ve̤͕̦̫ͧ̎̑͂r̝̫͔ỳ̹͖͎͑ͤ̎̃ͧ ̮͙̺̭ͭͧŝ̝̍͌a̲̦̹͋ͪ̇t͈̰̦̉̉i̦̪̣͎̦s͔̜̺͎ͤ͋̾f̣͉͙̪̑̄̏̃̊y͎̣̘̠͙̠͍ͩ̾ͩi̮̱̹̥͕̦̤n̰̭̐̓̄́̂͊̎g̋ ͕̳̱̺͈̻̝̃̃̑ͫͣc̟̺̣̤̙o̫̳͖͚̟͛̆͆l̦͍͙͎͍̙o̗̩r͓ ̲ͧͯ̉̽̋t̳͇̯͉̼̄ͪ̅̍͋o͉ ̰̣̠̪̭͓ͪͧ͋l̯̜̥̘̇o͇̞̫̾ͨͮͭ̐̔ͅͅo̤̣͑ͮ̅ͯ̎k̳̰̣̎̾̆ ͖̪̼͎̃̅̽̓̔a̳̪͖͖ͨ̾̊̔̽ͩt́͂.̞̳̑̇

__

-end of flashback-

"what do you have against john?" i hissed back at deva. she just grinned and turned to me. "oh i have nothing against him sweetie, but i am against his demon." she walked around the room, the sound of her high heels clacking against the "floor". "jeze? how come?" i asked. "ever since we started working together, ive been getting this bond with him like no other demon. i was falling for him. i keep pushing away those thoughts since hes just my duo partner. but theres something about him that i just love."

"basically how i felt about john?" i said. "correct." she answered back and held out her hand. "look i-... i need to go. jeze is closing up the portal to your mortal body and i have to get back. you can be yourself again if you grab my hand." deva has a look to her face that says that i have to trust her. shes a part of me, so i had no choice anyway.

i grabbed her hand and pulled myself up.

I̮͇͚͖̠ͣ ̞̟̠̠̞̈́̓̉͗k̠͇̭̥̱̎̈́̐̈́ͣ̚n̟͓̫ͨ̽́̽̅̍̚o̗͚͍̱̪͓̠ͯ́̓͑w͎͇̙̭͔̟̐̿̓ ͕̃i͓̝̼̋ͥͭ͑̏̚t̻͙̦̗̦̫̂͛'͈͉̘ͣ̓̾ͨ̈́̚s͈͕͙̦̝ͪ̆ͭ̓ͦ̾ ͍̳̻̭͚̌ͅn̙͔̮̖͙̖̚o̽̊ͭ̒̍ͨ̓t͇̝̱̺͖͖̀ ͕̝̭͖̻̘͐̈̑̀́ͦͤy̥̻̦o̖͔̺̲̗̺͑ͨuͭͫ͆͗ͮr͙̝͊̒͒ͦ ̔̽̌ͬͭf̖̖ͯa̝̦͉̤̫u̜̞͈̤̭̗̟͛̉̈́̔́̋̈́l̺̻͕̹͕͒t̲͍̯͉̤͐̎ͣ.

__

a/n:

835 words

have a yeehaw day