3. First date 🥂

Guillaume (Rocky) Rocquelin whistled loudly as I entered the garage along side Emma, who had been thrilled to hear about my date with Seb. Two others that I knew to be known as Jonesy and Kyle also decided to join in making most of the garage turn to look at who they were whistling at. I'd felt ok in my navy skinny jeans and tight vest top this morning but now felt a little self conscious. I took a look at Suzie, Seb's car, while Emma found Christian as this morning I was to do a brief photo call with him for the team website. After that I had short chat scheduled in with Simon Lazenby from Sky Sports, they had heard about my role in the team which, quite frankly, was an unusual one but typical of a team like Red Bull. I wasn't looking forward to being in front a tv camera at all, I had sweaty palms and was already worrying about swearing and them having to bleep it out. I was only glad they were recording it for the qualifying show and not showing it live. After that I was to spend varying amounts of time posing with fans that had paid a lot of money for paddock access during certain times of the weekend.
"Beautiful isn't she?" Seb appeared at my side, his race overall sleeves loosely tied around his waist.
"Indeed she is." I agreed, taking in the length and line of the car's long sweeping nose.
"I just hope she doesn't turn out to be a beautiful nightmare." He rubbed the back of his neck, seeming a tad apprehensive. I turned to look at him, I couldn't stop my eyeballs from lowering and taking in the top half of his body. That white fireproof top did wonders for showing his figure. He obviously noticed me checking him out, as when my eyes returned to his he had this massive, almost smug grin on his face.
"Well I would give it a lucky rub but I don't want to jinx it." I said, without thinking.
"A lucky rub?" His brows raised. "I wouldn't expect you to do that on a first date, but you know, if you want to." He winked at me for effect.
"I meant the car!" I put my hand in front of my mouth, I could feel my face heating up, turning bright red. Seb laughed and put his hand on the small of my back.
"I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!" He said. "But, if you want to, the offers there."
"Ah, Harper." Christian approached us. "Taking a look at Suzie I see." He came to a stop next to me.
"Harper offered to give it a lucky rub." Seb said, trying not to laugh. Bastard.
"Well, if you think that'd help Seb to win this weekend then feel free. It could become a new pre race tradition." Christian replied. I really hoped he meant Seb's car, if he had caught on to the undertone of Seb's remark then he wasn't showing it. I could see Seb from the corner of my eye, leaning forward a little trying to catch my attention. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction, I was blushing enough as it was. "Shall we head back out to the paddock, they're ready in hospitality to do the photos?" He asked.
"Of course." I smiled and turned to follow Christian out, catching Seb's amused face as I left.

I checked my phone after coming out of the bathroom from having a shower. I had exchanged numbers with Seb before I left the circuit so that he could let me know when his meeting was over and when he'd be able pick me up. I felt kind of nervous and at the same time honoured to have his private mobile number. Although he was a very friendly and sometimes cheeky person to be around, I also knew he was a very private person. Very little was known or seen of his life away from racing. To have his number felt like a big thing. I had a text from him, my first one.

Seb V 🏁 : Hi, I'm now on my way bk to my hotel. Pick u up 8pm :) x

Me: Ok, I'm looking forward to it :D x

Seb V 🏁: After Suzie's performance today I might need that lucky rub! ;) x

Me: Obviously you mean the CAR! Lol x

Seb V 🏁: What else could I possibly mean? ;) x