19. Silverstone Part 2

My stomach was still churning after witnessing Kimi Räikkönen's accident. He had been helped out of his car by medics and in to a waiting ambulance and all I could think is, what if that had been Seb? The race had been red flagged and the cars had stopped on the grid in order of the race positions they had been in when the accident happened. I leant on the work bench in Seb's, now empty, garage. All of the relevant crew and equipment had been taken back out on to the grid and there was just few crew members left who didn't need to be outside. Seb came back in, clearly the delay was going to be lengthy one and he stood close by placing his race helmet on the bench and unzipping his race overalls. He pulled it from his arms and then tied the sleeves around his waist before looking at me.
"Are you ok?" He stepped closer to me, his eyes flicked down to my hand on my stomach.
"Yeah, it's just that accident......it looked nasty." I rubbed my stomach and then removed my hand as he watched me. I kept thinking how I'd have been if it had been him and not Kimi in that crash and I took a deep breath to try and rid myself of the nerves.
"Kimi will be fine." Seb rubbed the top of my arm comfortingly and my skin tingled when he retracted his hand from me. "They've got to repair the barrier so I think I'll be bored for a while." He smiled. "Why don't we pop over to hospitality for a while?" 
"Sure." I nodded, he looked kind of surprised by my answer but right now I felt as though I needed a little time with him. It would take a while to erase Kimi's accident from my mind and being with Seb would at least reinforce that he was ok. I followed him out and across to the Red Bull motorhomes and we entered the hospitality unit together, I quickly saw Emma and Antti sitting together at a table and we walked over to join them. Emma's face spoke volumes as she looked at me and then at Seb as we sat down. I knew what she was thinking and I raised brow at her and shook my head when Seb wasn't looking. 
"Is Kimi ok?" Antti asked.
"I think so, he's at the medical centre now." Seb replied as Antti slid Seb's mobile phone to him across the table. I watched as he unlocked it, he had a text which at the moment he chose not to open but instead went to his photo gallery. Surprise surprise! There was the two photos which Emma had so generously been sending to people yesterday. "These are hot Harper." He grinned at me, waving his phone at me. I blushed. "I'm still deciding which one to use as my wall paper." He added as he saw me going bright red. It was on the tip of my tongue to ask if he planned on having a laminated one too like Dan but as we weren't getting on too bad this weekend I decided to keep my mouth shut. I glanced across as he opened his messages and then wished I hadn't looked as I clearly saw the name, Emillie. Shit, my heart ached straight away and I immediately went quiet, my smile faded and my defences went back up. I looked at Emma, who looked back at me and I knew she had guessed that I'd seen something to do with Seb's pregnant ex. 
"I'm going for a walk." I quickly stood up, making Seb look up at me. He hastily locked his screen but I could see that he knew it was too late and that I'd seen her name on his screen.
"I'll come with you." He said quickly.
"No, no it's fine. You stay here, you could get called back for the restart." I said, already walking away.
"I'll come with you Harper." Emma stood up and quickly followed me outside. I couldn't bring myself to look back at Seb as I left. "He had a text from her didn't he?" She said as she caught me up.
"We'd been getting ok together." I said as I nodded my head to confirm she was right. "I'd let him get a little closer to me again. With Kimi's accident all I kept thinking is, what if it was Seb in that car? What if he'd got hurt? I just wanted to spend a few minutes with him and then she goes and ruins it."
"Do you seriously believe that she's really pregnant though?" Emma asked me. I stopped and turned to look at her.
"Don't you?" I asked back. "Why should I not believe her? Seb certainly does."
"I just don't like her, and not because she's taken Seb from you. I've just never liked her, I wouldn't put it past her doing something like that." Emma replied.
"I think you would have to be pretty sick in the head to trick someone in to thinking you're having their baby Emma. She's definitely pregnant and I'm going to have to get used it." We started walking again.
"Antti said she's got her 12 week scan next week so maybe we'll find out then." She said. I glanced at Emma as we walked, faking a pregnancy? No way.