12. Germany.

My phone pinged from on the bed beside my packed case.

Seb V🏁: Am outside, Black Audi x

I looked at the screen and rolled my eyes, I could kill Emma and I couldn't believe Christian had agreed to it! I was being sent to Heppenheim with Seb, he had agreed to film some stuff for the team website at a karting track he used to go to when he was younger. There was to be some junior races on that he was going to make an appearance at and Red Bull PR thought it'd be good to send me along too. I was dreading the whole thing. Seb had retired from the race early on lap 7 with mechanical issues so I knew his mood would be as bad as mine was right now. The car ride and flight from Nice to Frankfurt was going to be a hoot. When I got outside to the car the boot was already open and I presume Seb sat inside as the windows were tinted and I couldn't quite see. I let the hotel porter take my case and load it in to the boot and I opened the passenger door to see Seb sitting there wearing sunglasses. I shut the door and put my seat belt on.
"Hi." He gave me a small smile and pulled the car away from the front of the hotel. "I'm sorry we're having to leave so early." He sounded gutted so I stored my anger for the time being.
"I'm sorry about your race." I replied. "Suzie is being a bitch at the moment isn't she."
"She is." He answered. I turned in my seat expecting to see Antti and maybe Britta sitting behind me, the backseat was empty. This was odd, he never usually travelled without at least one of them, usually Antti.
"We're on our own." I pointed out the obvious.
"We are, yes." He nodded his head as the Q7 started to climb uphill a bit through Monaco's streets.
"How come? Where's Britta or Antti?" It didn't seem right him travelling without them.
"They will be joining us tomorrow afternoon." He replied, he was starting to sound annoyed with me already.
"But isn't the karting thing tomorrow?" I turned in my seat a little face him.
"It's on Tuesday." He glanced at me and then back to the road, I was hit again with how stunning I found this man, and how much he pissed me off right now.
"So there's no need for me to have rushed back to the hotel and then come with you today then, is there? I could have stayed another night." I felt my anger quickly returning.
"Harper, please....." He let out a breath of frustration. "I just want to get to Nice airport and then get to Germany."
"And I want to know how come I've been made to leave Monaco a day before everyone else when clearly there was no need for it!" I snapped.
"Harper, I just......." He started but I was in no mood to let him finish.
"This is because of James isn't it?" The thought hit me.
"Don't be rediculous!" He shot back.
"It is! You thought I'd be seeing him tonight and so you cooked up some idea to drag me away a day early so it wouldn't happen!" I folded my arms and looked out of the window.
"It's got nothing to do with James!" He said sharply. "It just made sense for you to fly out with me today."
"And why couldn't I fly out with Britta and Antti?" I asked.
"For fucks sake." He muttered. "They couldn't get you on the flight. I'm starting to wish they could have." He slowed down at a crossing.
"Well, we can easily solve that." I reached for the door handle, by the time my fingers reached it Seb, quick as a flash, had pressed a button his side to double lock the doors. His lightening quick reaction skills in a race car made him much quicker than me.
"Don't even think about it." He snapped as we stopped and people crossed in front of us. I sat back in my seat and went back to looking out of the window for a moment before getting my phone from my bag and dialing Emma. "What are you doing?" He glanced at me after we pulled away from the crossing.
"Calling Emma." I said stroppily.
"What the fuck for?" He moaned.
"To tell her how pissed off I am right now and to get her to tell you to take me back to the hotel." I put the phone to my ear.
"Why don't you quit moaning and actually do what they ask you to do?" He took his sunglasses off and glanced at me again. "Harper, hang up the call." He sounded less angry this time.
"Shit." I muttered, Emma's phone had gone to voice mail. I dialled it again only for it to go straight to voice mail and not even ring this time. I thought about texting her, but then maybe Seb was right, I had moaned a lot lately. I wasn't going to tell him that though. I put my phone in the side pocket on the door and huffed in annoyance. We spent the rest of the journey to Nice airport in an awkward, tense silence.