The event

Your POV

"I couldn't ask you to do that. This isn't the life you want. You stick with being a huntsman." I say then kiss his cheek. "You can come with me then." He says. I put my hand on his cheek and look at him. "Well I heard you were coming with us so maybe one of us will change our mind." He says. "Maybe." I say and kiss him. He kisses me and wraps his arm around me as I lay on his chest. "Now go to sleep you have a big day tomorrow." He says.

"Qrow." I say then hug him. "Thanks." I say. "For?" He asks. "For trying." I say the yawn and shut my eyes.

Time skip to party

Everything is perfect. I look around at all the beautiful paintings. "There the most beautiful painting there is." I hear and spot James coming towards me. "Shouldn't you be doing your job." I say putting my hand on my hip with a smile. "I have several soldiers in this very room. Besides this doesn't look like your daily cup of tea. You do look like you belong here." He says and kisses my hand.

"Pft shut up

"Pft shut up." I say trying not to laugh and blush. "It's true though." He says. "Whatever you say James." I say. "I'd never expected you to cater such a grand event." He says. "Well the pay was good and they had all of the equipment to do it so here I am." I say looking around. "It does sound like a good deal." He says. "Plus Mr.Schnee said he wanted more security. I thought it was strange at first but I thought why not." I say.

"Interesting." He says. "I don't blame him. With the chaos from Atlas being such a big company could cause anyone to be nervous." I say. I hear them speak ill of the incident. "It bothers you doesn't it?" He asks. "A little none of these people were probably there when it all happened. I was there that day and watched the news every chance I could get. It's so frustrating how people could make fun of it and say that it doesn't matter. Beacon meant the world to me. It's where I had the best moments of my life." I say. "The same goes for me. There is one person who feels the same way. Weiss Schnee." He says. "She must feel like an outsider here. She's gonna get a big reality check soon." I say.

I hear a girl yelling at the crowd. "I guess I should get back to my post." He says and kisses my cheek. I look at the argument. It was that Weiss girl. The reality check is kicking in now. Looking at that Mr.Schnee's face looks all too familiar. A angry hidden aggressive father.

Who will hide how he treats his daughter to the public eye. He grips her arm and she falls. She accidentally makes a boarbatusk a giant one. I look over at James and he looks at me with a smirk. He's challenging me. I quickly maneuver through the crowd. I pull my weapon out and slice its belly at the same time James shoots it.

"I guess it's a tie this time James." I say. "It seems so." He says. The woman argues with James. I walk over to Weiss and put my hand out to her. "Ruby's told me a lot about you. You should come with me she's worried about you also all of team JNPR." I say. "What?" She says. She takes my hand. "Are you here to kidnap my daughter?!" Mr.Schnee shouts.

"No I'm asking her a question. Weiss you could stay here. Get locked up and punished by your father. Abused and silenced. Or you can become the huntress you want to be. The way Ruby describes you. You're more fit for the huntress life. You miss them don't you?" I say. "Are you assuming that I would harm my own daughter?! How rude guards escort her out immediately!" He says. "Seeing you in person yes. It was the way you looked at her. My father looked at me the very same way you look at her." I say. "You have no right to tell them what to do. Those are my soldiers and they don't answer to you. She's asking a question." James says. I feel my face getting a little warm. I love when he puts people in place especially people who have no control over him. "I-I do miss them." She says.

She tears up. "I miss them so much." She says. "Then you should come with me their waiting in mistral." I say. She nods. James looks at his soldiers. "Escort Ms.Schnee to her room to pack her belongings. Then to my ship." He says. "Weiss I forbid you to leave this mansion!" He says.

She looks at him. "No. I'm going to become the huntress I trained to be. I would never be compared to the likes of these people." She says then walks off with the guards. He's completely speechless. He then starts to yell at James. "Shall we head to my ship?" He asks putting his elbow out for me. "We shall." I says and hold his arm. He yells louder.

"Oh and Jacques." I say and hold the check he'd given me. I throw it in the air and shoot it. "I don't want your filthy money. Besides I know a fake check when I see one." I say and we walk away.

TBC...