Unexpected

Your POV

We get back to mistral and go to my place. The soldiers grab her things. "If you'd like you could spend the night here. I could make you breakfast." I say. "As wonderful as that sounds I can't I have meetings early in the morning." He says. He kisses me and I kiss him back. We stay there for a bit. "I'll see you later. " He say.

"Yeah." I say and go get Weiss. She looks down. "Everything okay?" I ask. "What do I even say to her?" I say. I sit next to her. "I've only known Ruby for a few days and she's a sweet girl. So whatever happened she won't be mad at you for long. If you want we can wai-" I say she stops me. "No I want to see her." She says quickly. "Let's go then." I say.

Time skip

We get to the inn. We find them it was silent. They start to cry and have a happy reunion. "So how was your little event?" Qrow asks. "Good me and James killed boarbatusk a saved a woman and destroyed Jaques fake personality in the process." I say. He looks to the side. "Don't be a baby about it." I say.

"I'm not. You know how James can be." He says. "You mean how he likes me a lot." I say. He tries to say something. "Mhm don't worry about it. Once this whole salem thing is over with everything will go back to normal. You'll go back to going on missions and I'll stay here." I say. He just looks down. "I need to go back home. I have work in the morning." I say. I walk away.

"Wait!" Ruby says. I look back she pulls me into a tight hug. "Thank you." She say. I rub her back. "You're welcome." I say.

Time skip

I wake up and get ready for work. They all come by for breakfast. After closing time we're leaving. I get a customer I look back and It's Taiyang. "Tai." I say and hug him tight. "Hey (Y/n) long time no see." He says. "Dad!" Ruby joins the hug.

"Hey Ruby how's your mission going? What are you doing here?" He asks. He really wasn't expecting her to be here. "Great! We've been here for about a week on mission business. Qrow found us so he's traveling with us." She says. I let go. "Oh well that's good." He says. "So you finally decided to stop by after a century." I say. "I've been busy." He says nervously.

"Mhm. So what brings you here?" I ask. "Oh well I was wondering if you wanted to go hang out like old times." He says. "I guess we could." I say. Qrow comes from upstairs. "Tai what are you doing in Mistral?" He asks. "I have a life and a right to go where I want and it's none of your business." He says. "He wants to hang out with (Y/n) he's lonely." Ruby says.

He face palms. "Thank you Ruby." He says. I giggle from Ruby's comment. Hanging out usually ended up with a make out session or being dead tired from being out all day. We dated for a while till we got tired of sneaking out of the dorms and keeping things quiet. We mostly had sex he always didn't want to wear a condom but I made him. "You two must have hung out a lot at the academy." Ruby says.

"Yep." I say and go to take the cinnamon rolls out the oven. I put them on plates and ice them. I serve them to everyone. "Could I talk to you for a minute?" Tai asks. "Yeah." I say. I go to the patio and he follows. "I wasn't expecting Ruby or any of them to be here." He says.

"I could tell." I say sitting on the swing. "By hang out I meant like go out on a date." He says sitting next to me. "You want to go. On a date. With me. Why?" I say. "Cause I like you and it's been awhile. We don't have to go sneaking around corners and worrying if any teachers will catch us. We're adults now. Ruby seems to like you." He says. "It's been awhile~?" I ask teasingly. "Okay that too but that was maybe possibly predicted in the future." He says. "Well my answer is yes. Yes I will go on a date with you." I say.

"You will?" He questions excitedly. I kiss his cheek. "So you still like a lot of marshmallows in your hot chocolate?" I ask and get up. "Yeah bu-" He says. "Hot chocolate is boiling." I say and go inside. I go in the kitchen and pour some hot chocolate for everyone. Soon customers come in.

"So you're going on a date with Tai?" Qrow asks. "You're still sneaking around to hear my conversations?" I say. "I asked you first." He says. "I asked you second." I say. "Maybe." He says. I put some cookies in the oven. "I am." I say.

"Why?!" He says shocked. "Because it makes you jealous and it's been awhile since we hung out." I say. "Brat." He says. He sits me on the counter and kisses me. I kiss him back and he undoes the string of my apron. I pull away from the kiss. "Ah ah." I say and get down. "I have a date and I'm also working." I say and tie it back.

TBC...