Chapter V- Capture The Flag

I walked into the dinning pavilion and looked around for Chiron. He was standing as usual at the head table with Mr. D and Danny sitting on either side of him. Thankfully he explained about him being a centaur, so I didn't need to act like an idiot and he explained Mr. D as well.

I sat at the table. "What's up peeps. So, what do yam want?" I asked. It is good waking me up like this.

"We are not peeping Perry." Said Mr. D. Great here we go again with the name calling.

"It's Percy Dede." I said in a mocking tone. Unfortunately, everyone heard me, and silence spread like wildfire fire. Mr. D's eye flared with purple flames. "Are those eyes supposed to scare me. Heck Danny scares me more. Anyway, why was inspired rudely woken up?" I asked turning to Chiron.

"Everyone I would like to introduce Perseus Grace and Daniel Jackson. They arrived late last night and will be staying in the Hermes cabin for now." Chiron spoke before Dede could tickle me.

Suddenly there was a series of gasps as everyone looked above my head. I looked up the see that I had been claimed. Instead of a trident it showed three wave lines running parallel to each other. "All hail Perseus Grace son of Thalassa, primordial goddess of the sea." Chiron said bowing down with everyone following suit except Dede and Danny who both glared at me.

Everyone one got up and went back to eating, muttering about him. The rest of breakfast went by uneventfully. Chiron told them they would stay in the Hermes cabin. Well he gave me free reign since my mother is a primordial but I'm still on their team for capture the flag, which is happening tonight.

I spend most of them say just walking around embracing the freedom from school and the now happy campers. I walk up towards Thalia's pine and sit at the base. "Well Thals I'll be away one my first quest soon. You might be lonely again for a couple weeks until I return." I said as looked around for the first time feeling abet of peace since I meet Dan.

I'm near small him from the tree as if it's trying to reassure me that everything will work out. I close my eyes and spoke up the sunlight.

"What are you doing here?" A female voice asks. I open my eyes to see Annabeth.

"Just getting about of peace, what are you doing here thought you would be going over a plan or something while drooling over Luke." I say to antagonism her.

"What are you talking about you haven't even meet Luke?" She says getting flustered.

I may not have meet him, but Chiron pointed out who the Hermes cabin leader was. Happened to also spot you staring at him while he had his back turned." I said watching her grow redder by the second.

"Whatever. Why don't you go to the water if you want peace no one can bother you there."? She said.

"I could do that but then the fish won't leave me alone and I like the view from up here." I answer.

"Have you gotten a tour from Chiron yet?" She asked.

"Nah I figure it out and I can always ask someone if I get lost." I told her.

"Ok I guess I'll leave you then." She said turning around and quickly walking away. Well that was a weird encounter. I wonder if Hestia still sits at the hearth, right enough she's probably waiting for me, so she can tell me what's going on with the gods. I'll go talk to her soon, for now I think I'll enjoy the peace.

(Line break)

I walked up to the hearth where an eight-year-old girl sat with her legs crossed poking the fire with a stick. "So, how's it going malady?" I asked sitting down next to her. She looked up to see who spoke before recognizing me and hugging me.