Chapter XIII- Invasion Of The Giant Bronze Bulls

To be honest I'm not sure how Luke poisoned Thalia's tree, heck I didn't even know until I fell out of the tree one night. Knowing what it more than likely was I leaned against the tree instead of trying to climb back up and causing more damage. It wasn't until the morning that I realized how bad the tree was. Maybe the poison was stronger than we thought it was. It looked extremely bad and it hadn't looked like that the night before.

I ran down to the big house where I saw Chiron already on the porch looking at the tree. "I'm guessing you've seen the tree?" He asked. I nodded to him. Over the last couple months people seemed to realize the strange relationship I had with the tree. Not that anyone asked about it or that I would give an answer knowing I hadn't a proper excuse as to why I was so close without saying I knew of Thalia.

"Can you do anything to stop it." I asked. It pained me knowing that I'm the only one who knows what's going on and I was able to do anything about it.

"I'm not sure my boy. Mr. D has already gone to his father to report this issue, but I doubt Zeus will do much if anything. The gods have a bad habit of not helping their children. I'm sure if I cannot find a cure I will undoubtedly be the one blamed for the trees poisoning. All we can do is hope that the gods either help or I find a cure otherwise I dread to think what may happen to us." He said. I nodded as he walked off the porch and started his way up to the tree.

I sat down in one of the deck chairs sitting at the pinochle table. Well looks like all I can do now is wait. Judging from the damage the tree as already taken. Clarisse should be getting her quest sooner or later and Tyson should be coming with Danny soon. Let's hope he's ok.

Line Break

I now spent most of my day by Thalia's tree. I was using my water powers and my power over poison that my mother and father thankfully explained as their powers mixing together. I extracted as much has a could then use the water to dilute it to make it less powerful. Of course, because I haven't been training these poison powers I couldn't get it all out. I had at least bought Thalia more time.

Chiron had also been fired a week ago and Tantalus had been called in to replace him by Zeus. He still didn't like me much not that I cared to much. He was also already starting to favor Clarisse and she seemed to hate the attention she was getting.

I looked across the camp there were small groups of demigods here and there all getting ready for any attacks that might happen. So far only the smaller hellhounds and drachma have been able to bypass the barrier. Although everyone knew that would only pay for so long, eventually one of the bigger monsters will be attracted and smash through the failing barrier. All we could do was hope that nothing too big came.

The Colchis bulls would be here soon as well. I hope they come soon cause that means the quest will be sent to the sea of monsters.

I was suddenly knocked out my thoughts by a mass of heat behind me. I slowly turned around and saw one of the Colchis bulls standing there he must've just breathed fire at me since his mouth was steaming. It then occurred to me there was only one before I was thrown into the camp by the other one that had charged me while a was distracted.

I landed in the middle on camp. I sat up as people stared at me. How the hell had that thing thrown me so far. The warning horn sounding as I stood, and everyone was thrown into panic. I grabbed my chains and charged towards the hill drawing my swords.

When I got there the Ares cabin had already formed ranks and we're dealing with one of the bulls the other was charging its way down the hill at a bunch of sitars that had obviously been the ones to sound the horn given the fact that one held the horn in their hands. I dropped the swords and charged towards the side of the bull. I smashed into the side of the bull's head, sending it rolling down the hill.