Chapter VII- We meet Ares

Well the plan to kill Medusa went awful thanks to Daniel. He nearly looked into her eyes and I had to bloody save his ass, nearly getting turned to stone in the process. Though it did give me the chance to behead her and then for Annabeth to cover it up.

We then camped out in the woods after Dan had his send head of Medusa to the god's episode. Grover found the feral pink poodle and got his reward money that was more than last time probably since there was four of us on the quest now and not three, fates just be being nice.

Anyway, we got train tickets to Denver and we were now at the Saint Louis arch. We were fighting the Chimera now. Thankfully I had convinced the others to let the people go first so they wouldn't go mental like last time. I was in the process of trying to cut the serpent tail off the thing when it blew fire and Dan.

Dan managed to avoid it, but it still blew a hole in the side of the arch. Great we're going to be terrorists again. It then wiped its tail around throwing me against the wall and hitting Dan. He went flying out the hole and fell the six hundred feet to the river below. Well at least that'll shut him up for a while.

While the monster was distracted watching Dan fall I got to my feet and ran at it. I plunged both my swords into its chest and it burst into dust. Echidna wailed in outrage before I chopped her head off as she tried to run.

Annabeth and Grover were standing at the hole Dan fell from the instant both monsters were gone. "What are we going to do? Dan's dead." Grover said looking at Annabeth. He seemed to be on the verge of panic. Annabeth looked down with a saddened expression.

"Oh, he'll be fine son of Poseidon remember. I don't see any bloody splats on the concrete, so he landed in the river." I said looking over the edge. Though I really wish there was one.

"How do you know?" Annabeth asked.

"Son of Thalassa remember. She visited me in a dream and told me of my abilities, she said he has the same powers but not as strong as mine. Told me water couldn't hurt us if we fell from a great height." I said thinking up a half-truth half lie so they hopefully didn't pick up on me lying. They both looked at me shocked.

"A primordial goddess visited you in your dreams?" Grover asked stunned. Oops forgot that might be weird for them to hear about that, oh well.

"Yeah wanted to apologize for leaving me said her ex-husband Pontus was not happy about me being alive and would kill me if she raised me. Anyway, let's get down there for when he finally drags himself out of the river." I said walking over to the elevator that had finally made it back up to take us down. That's another thing Pontus does want to kill me but sense I'm immortal he can't and he's afraid of my father getting mad if he does.

"Did you know who your father was?" Annabeth asked while we were standing in the elevator.

"No not really. Mum told me about him though. She said that he was brave and handsome, but a lot of people feared him because he had a bad reputation. She said that she married him after he died and made him immortal and he would've come back for me, but he was now bound by the ancient laws and he couldn't get involved." I answered.2

The elevator came to a stop and we walked out into the busy streets with swarms of police, firefighters and ambulances running around trying to make sure everyone was ok and making sure the fire was out. I walked over to the river away from where the crowd was.

We stood at the river edge waiting for him and he was taking an age. If he didn't show up soon we might have to leave without him. Ten minutes later he finally dragged himself out of the river. "Right come on we better go before someone sees us and we miss the train." I said, beginning to jog to the train with them a little ways behind me.