Chapter X- Ares And Returning The Fire Cracker

I walked up to Annabeth and Grover. "So, how's it going, you know after you abandoned me in Hades." I said scaring the shit out of them. They both turned to me and grew shocked faces. "What you seriously didn't think I would come back. Trust me it's going to take a lot more to kill me." I said. +

"Percy, I didn't want to leave you behind he scared me, and I dropped the pearl." Annabeth said. "But out of curiosity how did you get back." Oh, how do I explain that.

"Um. Hades said he didn't want to upset my mum, so he sent me up here. Anyway, how's Danny doing?" I asked with fake curiosity. Pretending I didn't know what was going on.

"Well Ares was waiting for us when we got here, and Dan thought he could fight him so where waiting for Ares to get bored." Annabel said. "That or we could all try. Rush in and try to take him by surprise, I doubt any of us could take him without help." She continued.3

"That won't be necessary I'll help my little bro out of this situation. Besides it can't be that hard. I just need to be smarter than him which if from our last meeting with him he clearly lacks so, wish me luck." I said pulling riptide from my belt and running over to Dan.

As I got closer I could hear Ares gloating about the fight not even being a warm up. "Oh... How about you take me on instead then." I said surprising the both. Ares was so shocked he spun around smacking Danny away into the water.

"You really think you can challenge a god punk?" He asked.

"Well yeah otherwise I wouldn't have said something dumas." I said. That seemed to anger him judging from the plume of smoke coming from behind his sunglasses. "Don't you know it's bad for your health to smoke." When he heard that he swung his sword at me. I ducked and stood back up again. "What was that for? I'm only looking out for your health, I wouldn't want you to die before I beat your ass into the ground now would you."

He swung again but this time I sidestepped to the left. Well my attic of annoying the crap out him seems to be working.

"You know if you keep missing then what's the point of me being here." I said causing him to change his sword into a giant long sword and singing again. Admittedly I didn't see that coming, my eyes widened as I dropped to the floor. "Hey!! That's about unfair don't yam think. Oh, maybe your compensating for something, if ya know what I mean." I said looking up from the floor.

He swung down at me, but I see this coming and rolled to the side. I stood up looking out to sea. "Beautiful day isn't." I said then ducking knowing he would be swinging the sword. Once I heard the whoosh of the sword going over my head I stood and turned to him. "Oh, you're a bit red in the face. See therefore you don't smoke it makes you unfit." I said.1

He charged at me with the sword in front of him. I sidestepped and swung riptide cutting him on the back of the thigh as he steams rolled past me. He stood there looking down at his leg shocked a little old' me could strike him.

He looked at me before starting to swing his sword like a baseball bat. Before I could think of even ducking that heavy feeling from my last fight with Ares settled on top of us. Everything seemed to slow down. Ares stopped swinging his sword and tilted his head as if he was listening to someone.

Time then seemed to speed up again going back to normal. "You won this time punk but next time you won't be so lucky." He said being starting to glow. I turned my head as he flashed out after all they need to think I'm just a demigod.

As the glow faded I started working to the others who had dragged Daniel out of the water and were becoming him for injuries. "Well that was fun." I said standing over them.

"That was smart Percy using Ares's anger against him." Annabeth said. I nodded won't as she is catering about how good I was and that, I didn't listen. By the time I had tuned back into reality the police had started to swarm us. Just great how I'm going to be headline news. Again. This must be like the tenth time by now geez.