Chapter XIV- Chariot Races to the sea of monsters

Of course my partner for the Chariot races is Danny why would it not be. Sometimes I think the fates just like to mess with me. We've built a nice chariot, well I did Danny was to busy being a argent big headed fool. It was a punk style Chariot, black base with red stripes the wheels however had a tint of sea green. We pulled our chariot to the starting line, Dan looking as smug as ever, Everyone was paired, the Stoll twins were a pair, Annabeth and one of her brothers. As they lined up Tatulas starts to talk.

   "The rules are simple first one to cross the finish line wins, 5 laps total. All magic powers and weapons are allowed." He say reaching for an apple that falls onto the track out of his reach. He mutters a greek curse.

    "Okay, you remeber the plan Danny boy." I say. "Dont call me Danny," He mutters, "And of course I do." "Good" I reply. The race starts and we are off I have two of the horses pulling us at max speed. Suddenly Annabeth and her brother ram us then back away quickly. I look in our Chariot and see a thing for greek fire, great. Lucky for us, if you can call it luck we hit an apple the threw the bomb into a couple ares kids chariot. They jumped out as it exploded. I look up and notice a few birds at the top of the stands, more than last time which is odd. We get rammed again by two hermes kids. Unlucky for me Danny misses his mark and drops the greek fire on us. "Whoops." He said a little to sarcasticly. He jumped out as it blew up half my ride, I hope he gets run over. I jump off landing in Annabeth and he bros chariot. 

    "Nice jump." He says. "Thanks." I reply. I look up the amount of birds has tripled. "Thats not good." I say. As if on cue the birds attack everyone scatters and fights for their lives. The chariots horse break of and we fly into a wall. We get up only minor injurys we fend off the birds. "We have to get the barrier back up." Annabeth Yells. "Sure but how?" I reply knowing the answer. "I dont know but Ill look for an answer." 

    After the last bird flys off We head for lunch. Annabeth heads for her cabin to begin reasearch on the golden fleece. After lunch I head back to Thalias Tree, I pat its side, "We'll come for you soon Thals." I say. Annabeth comes running with Danny and Tyson in tow. "I think I found an answer." She says, "The golden fleece." I ponder for a moment, "That might work. but where is it." I ask. "Off the coast of florida. I saw grover in a dream there." Danny said "Hes trying to tell me he needs help and Im always about being awesome and saving the day." I rolled my eyes. 'The only problem is Tatulas wont let us go." Annabeth added. "Then we sneak out." I say. "Then its agreed. Me you and Dan. She says. "And Tyson who knows he might come in handy" She mutters something about cyclops but doesnt say no. It was a lot easier this time.

    That night we met by Thalias Tree. We started sneaking past the guard that was till Tyson and his load bag full of cans or whatever came running up, we would of made too. I stood up, "We're on guard duty and well." They rolled their eyes ad went back to looking for monster. I knelt back down. No one is making it easy to give the big olf some candy so he can be a little less of an olf. Once we were out of camp Danny asked, "Okay how are we getting to florida cause Im awesome and need to save grover." Or take the credit. Annabeth flipped a coin and summoned our ride, Once we were in we took off. We only had enough dracma to get us half way here.

    We were in Antala, Georgia. "Where should we go?" Danny asked. "We need a ride to FLorida." We start walking till we spot a man sitting on a bench by a coffee shop, a man I requinze, last time we meet on a beach. Me annabeth and Tyson go in while Danny sits and talkes to him. After about 20 minuites Dan comes inside. "Hermes is giving us a ride and some equipment." He says we walk outside and see a truck for us with a note that reads 'Take care. -H" We hope in and head on our way.