Chapter XI- Danny Gets Stabbed By A Scorpion

When we were walking out of the throne room Poseidon asked to talk with Dan. So, while we waited at the elevator doors I sat with my legs hanging over the edge swinging them back and forth. "You know I'm still thinking about them cows. Anyway, I was wondering do we have to go back to the human Orleans after the summer?" I asked. I knew the answer, but I needed them to think I didn't know and anyway I've never actually spent a whole year a camp, so this will help me find out.

"Well it depends on if you want to or not. Most of the campers can go home since they don't have a powerful scent, so most monsters just ignore them, but if your stronger like you or Dan then it would probably be best if you stayed. Most monsters would jump at the chance to kill a son of Poseidon never mind a son of Thalassa. But it's up to you." Annabeth said.

"Why are you looking to go home to your adopted mother?" Grover asked.

"Na, I'm not looking to go back Sally and Daniel hated me being around what with the way I can be rude and my clothes and that. Gabe on the other hand I would probably be doing a victory dance knowing I wasn't coming back but now that Sally doesn't need to hide Daniel and me from monsters anymore he probably won't be staying dry long." I answered.

"What do you mean they hated you. Well Dan I understand but Sally?" Grover asked. "I didn't think she has a bad home in her body."

"You wouldn't understand you've only seen her a few times. Anyway, how long is Danny's going to be?" I asked trying to change the subject before things got sympathetic and they started wanting to be friends which means more talking to them.

"Depends what Poseidon wanted. Could be five minutes or an hour we really won't know until he gets back." Annabeth answered me. I nodded my conversation wasn't too long, but it could be longer his time.

About ten minutes later Danny came walking down the air bridge. He looked very happy for some odd reason. "Well we need to go to my house before we go back to camp, dad told me that Hades as given me my mother back after I got his helm of darkness back. I'll need to make sure she's safe." He said as he walked by.

"Of course, you did Daniel you were so strong to complete the quest on your own with no help from us three. You must be so strong." I said sarcastically but that was a bad thing because he seemed to have a brain fart and didn't recognize the extreme sarcasm in my tone as he turned to us.

"I know right, now come on the faster we get there then the faster I can get something to eat." He said walking into the elevator. The three of us had to run in as he hit the button before we even started moving. I may have 'accidentally' ran into Danny for doing so. I did not want to wait for the elevator again to get down. During the trip down we listened to some ACDC still wasn't amazing but ok I guess.5

By the time we reached the bottom going through three two songs we walked out into the streets. We flagged down a cab and went to Sally's place. Didn't take too long since it was now late, and less people are out at night. There was an awkward silence as we sat in the back of the cab. The driver didn't smell to good not as bad as Gabe but still bad. We pulled up to the curb and I jumped out wanting fresh air.1

"You know that should be against the law to have a cab smelling that bad. Anyway, let's go I want to see how Gabe was while we were away. Do you think he lost weight without someone to cook for him? Na he probably just ordered constant take outs. This pace will stink." I sighed.

"Damn I forgot about him. Can we just go to camp then?" Danny asked causing me to stop at the stairs of the building.

I looked back at him. "No, I just spent ten bucks getting us here, so we are going. Now come on." I said Turing around again. Danny following behind though he was grumbling some choice words about Gabe.