Chapter XII- I Make friends with old friends

It's been a few months since the summer ended. Winter is right around the corner. I've been making friends with a few of the others. Beckendorf and Selena were easy to befriend they were always trying to make friends with everyone evident by Selena and Clarisse becoming friends.

The Stoll's weren't too hard a couple well placed pranks and booms your friends. Father has also been looking through the gods to make sure we get all the good ones on our side which is where I am now.

Standing in front of the big house trying to figure out how to make friends with Mr. D. I'd do the sons frost but Mr. D might not like his son's New friendship with a "demi" primordial.3

My mother gave me a wine bottle filled with his favorite wine to try and help. Since he didn't summon it and since Zeus wouldn't really bother to check if he's hiding any it shouldn't be too hard to keep secret.

I walked up the porch and around the house were him and Chiron were sitting playing pinochle. That reminds me I need to befriend Chiron again. I don't attend classes to make sure he doesn't realize I'm holding back, and I don't really need to know anything since I've trained with father.

Anyway, I walked over and sat down. They both looked over before going back to their game. "So, what do we owe the pleasure of the demi-primordial visiting us?" Mr. D questioned.

"Well you know just want to make friends with a few new people. I thought what better friends to have than an Olympian god and the person who trained Heracles." I said setting the bottle down for now.

"Very well, I'm sure we could entertain you." Chiron said.

Mr. D sighed before replying. "Fine if you're going to be sitting here you can at least play. You do know how to play yes?" He asked.

"Yeah. My stepfather was big into poker and stuff I know how to play. How much are we better though? I wouldn't want to waste all my drachmas against two people with millennia of experience." I said taking out a bag of drachmas.

They both seemed to eye the bag for a minute before speaking. "Um only twenty my boy. And if I may ask how you got ahold of so many drachmas?" Chiron asked.

"Oh, you just have to make the right bet with the right child of Hermes. Though you must make sure they win sometimes, or they will stop betting with you. Thankfully theirs like ten Hermes kids in that cabin and some of the others don't mind joining in. It's easy money really just make sure your winning more than you lose then your all set." I explained. Mr. D seemed to smirk before looking back at his cards.

Well looks like I've got Mr. D's on board. We continued playing for a while. With me finding out that I'm not horrible but I'm no match for Chiron or Mr. D. I somehow managed to win a couple rounds but I quickly ran out of drachmas.

By the end Mr. D and I were getting on well. He wasn't as bad as I first thought, and he even started calling me Percy so that was a win. Chiron was harder to bring around but after a few well-placed pieces of history facts and saying I wouldn't mind wanting to know more, it wasn't long before he warmed up to me as well.

About halfway through mother spoke in my mind saying she had got a few Latin books for Chiron to bring him over to the cause and that they would be sitting with the wine.

"So that's me out. Anyway, I'll probably be heading off now, oh and before I go got you something. You know as a thank you for letting me stay here after all this is a camp for demigods and I'm technically not one so here." I said picking up the books and wine from my feet.

"You didn't have to do that my boy but thank you none the less." Chiron said. I looked at me D to see him eyeing the bottle.

"I figured that your father would only check what your using your power for and would be too lazy to actually check if your hiding anything, so it shouldn't be hard to keep secret, and being the god of wine, I doubt you can get drunk so that makes it easier." I said hoping he would believe me.

He reached for the bottle while looking to the sky. After holding the bottle and it not thundering he chuckled. "I think you've just made a friend Percy." He said before setting the bottle down. Chiron gave me a nod before they both returned to their game.

I looked around as I stepped of the porch. Castor and Pollux should be in the strawberry fields at this time. I started walking in that direction, most people ignored me has I have made it clear that unless your one of my friends or I'm speaking to you then I don't really care what you want to tell me. Especially since most of the time it's got nothing to do with me.

As I reached the strawberry fields I could see the two brothers standing together in the center. They seemed to be concentrating, so I assume they're trying to make the fruit grow faster with their powers. Their similar powers to that of Demeter's children but theirs only works on fruit whereas the Demeter kids could grow anything if it was a plant.

Now all I must do is wait for them to finish.

Time skip

About fifteen minutes later the two brothers seemed to be done. They were walking towards me as they exited to fields. I walked up to them.

"So how are you two doing?" I asked. They both stopped and looked over at me.

"Good I guess. May I ask what you want I don't think our father would like us speaking to you?" Castor replied with his brother nodded along beside him.

"Oh, don't worry about your father I've just came from playing pinochle with him and Chiron. I thought he was a pretty decent guy, so I wanted to know who his sons were." I told them.

"Um, well you've meet us now, and unless you want to come to with us to our ancient Greek class we're going to have to now." Pollux said, as him and his brother started walking towards the lake were one of the Athena kids was holding the class since Annabeth wasn't here.

"Oh, I'll join you then. We can get to know each other better." I said walking along beside them. "What are your names by the way?" I asked.

"I'm Castor and my brother is Pollux as you can probably tell were the only children of father in camp." Castor replied.

"Why didn't you go home to your mother? I don't mean to cause offense, but your smell probably wouldn't attract that many monsters." I asked after all it always confused me why they never went home.

"Oh, we do. We Iris message our mother every day and we spend the winter and spring with her. You know so we're at home for Christmas and Thanksgiving and Easter. After all our mothers Christian surprisingly. Though she's ok with dad being a Greek God." He replied. (A/N: I don't know any information about the brother's mother, so I just made something up on the spot)1

Time skip

After the Greek class was finished with me surprising the Athena camper called Mike with my amazing knowledge. Me and the brothers talked more about anything really with them asking about my life before camp and me asking about living as part time Christians.

We got to know each other pretty we all things considered, what with Mike breathing down our necks about talking during class. When he took his attention off some random Aphrodite kid called Sam. Interesting girl she is seems to think the world revolves around her. Thankfully both are leaving next year for college. It is also believed that Sam is using poor Mike to get past college. Why she wants to go there I will never know partly because I hadn't been bothered to ask.

I left the brothers after class since they were going to archery next and I still don't trust myself with a bow. I walked up half-blood hill and climbed into the branches of Thalia's tree.

"Well Thalia only seven more months until you're out to f this tree. I'm going to wait until your awake until I give the guys the sweets. Then we can both explain what in my father's name is going on. My father said he'll take care of the gods for us so more minor gods will be joining thanked probably expected. Apparently, Zeus isn't a good ruler and at least half of them want him dethroned. The rest being made of his children and the other Olympians children. Hopefully we don't have to kill all of them I wouldn't want that and according to mother the primordial want us to be the new king and queen." I said talking to the tree.

I could feel swift him as if the tree was agreeing with me. I sat in the tree for another ten minutes before I seen people started to make their way towards the dinning pavilion. "Well I got to go it's time for dinner." I said to the tree hearing another soft him I return before I jumped down and walked down the hill.