Chapter VI- Dan gets a quest

Last night was chaos after the hellhound attacked poor Dan, who did grow a massive ego after everyone kneeled down to him. Chiron had a private talk with Dan probably telling him he needed to go on a quest when he got back we were in the middle of the campfire sing along. I stood at the back in the shadows.

I watched as he came in and strutted over to his seat. He then started to brag about how he wiped the floor with the Ares campers and if that hellhound didn't attack him from behind he would've creamed it.

It took the whole Athena and Hephaestus cabins to hold back the Ares campers from killing him. They didn't like me for taking them all out but they liked that I wasn't bragging about it because that would make them look bad. They hated Dan though because he bragged about it and he wasn't the one that even defeated them.3

When the campfire was over everyone went back to there cabins, leaving me there to watch the dieing embers. "Why are you still here?" Someone said behind me. I turned to see Luke.

"Could ask you the same question but I'm here just thinking about everything that has happened today, you know with Dan being claimed and all that fun stuff." I said finishing the last part with sarcasm.

"You don't like him? I thought he was your brother even if you are adopted." He answered.

"Oh I hate him. How did you find out I was adopted anyway?" I asked.

"Oh Dan has been going around all day saying that your parents never loved you so kicked you out and he was sad for you so convinced his mother that they should adopt you." He said.

"Oh I'm going to throttle him. We were both very young when I was adopted, Sally Dan's mother said that my father died and my mother was lost at sea. Well I know now why she was lost at sea." I said coming up with an excellent lie.

Luke nodded. "I thought he was lieing. Anyway he's probably going to get a quest in the morning. I know you don't like him but could you try and get in that quest with him. Annabeth will be going no matter what, Grover to since your adopted mother died he needs to complete a quest with Dan. I want you to protect them for me, Annabeth told me how you fought the Ares cabin so I know I can trust you if there's a fight." He said nervously.

"Well I'm not a fan of Grover and Annabeth seems abit annoying to me but sure I'll do it for you." I said. He nodded before leaving and walking to the Hermes cabin. I was going anyways but this gives me an excuse to go now.

(Line break)

I woke up and nearly fell out of the tree. I had forgotten that I was basically now living in a tree. It was still dark though the sun was started to poke out. I went to wash up before I went to the arena to get in abit of practice before we left.

An hour later I seen Grover and Danny walking to the big house with storm clouds coming in from the ocean. Well I guess he's getting the quest now. I walked up to the big house were Chiron had just sent Dan up to the attic. "Well peeps, how's it hanging?" I questioned startling Chiron and Grover.

"Oh Percy your here I was hoping you would come." Chiron said. "We sent Dan to get a prophecy he has to retrieve something important for the gods. I was wondering if you would join him?" He asked.

"Yeah sure. Luke wanted me to come on the quest to so I guess I'll go." I said sitting down. "What are we going to retrieve?" I asked since they don't know I know.

"Well that's the problem. It's Zeus' master bolt, someone took it and now he's blaming Poseidon. Most of the gods know that isn't what really happened. Thievery isn't Poseidon's style but the sea gods too prideful to convince Zeus of that. I believe it might have been Hades, now as to why he has done it I don't know but it's the only other person I could think of." He said.