Chapter VIII- Los Vegas

Well after a couple threats to Ares and a short argument with Annabeth about angering gods we got into the animal transport truck. It had the same animals as last time a lion, a zebra and a deer. I sorted out the food for them and relished them from the cages much to the shock of the others, but the zebra promised that the lion wouldn't eat anyone, so I was ok with it.4

The others sat well away from the animals even Grover stayed clear and the lion had told him he wouldn't eat them, so much for wanting to protect the wild when he couldn't even sit near a lion that promised to not eat him.

Anyway, I sat right next to the zebra having an in-depth conversation about its life before it got stuck with the animal smugglers. He said he was young but remembered playing with his friends and his family. He also told me about the past of the other animals.

The deer was ok I guess she was born within the smugglers van a few years back, so she had no happy memories but was glad she would be able to explore once I freed them. The lion had by far the worst story. He was a leader of a pride before smugglers caught him after killing most of the other lions. The cubs were all taken away and the only reason he was alive was because he was albino.

Another thing you don't want to try, comforting a lion in front of other people because I'm sure the others thought I was loopy even though Grover told them what was going on.

By the time he finally calmed down everyone apart from me was asleep. Deciding to follow their example I closed my eyes.

I felt like only minutes before I heard the zebra telling me to get up. I opened my eyes to see him staring at me intently. "What?" I asked in a groggy voice.

"The men are talking about stopping in five minutes if you want to free us you need to hurry!" He quickly said in my head. I slowly lifted my head up and looked around the others were stilled knocked out forms. I grunted as I got up feeling the pops in my back as I stretched.

I walked over to Danny and kicked him in the side. "Get up sleepy head." I said as he groaned. I walked to Grover next and kicked him to which earned a yelp that was thankfully muffled out from the backpack he had his face in. I knelt to Annabeth and flicked her ear since I may hate her I won't bother with kicking her, Artemis would kill me for hitting a woman let alone a maiden and then I won't see Thalia.

"Ok now that everyone is up Grover I want you to put a sanctuary on the animals so when we get them out of here they will be safe as for you two the drivers will be coming in soon so get away from the doors or you'll fall out." I said.

I sound like a momma bear scolding her kids, geez have they really messed up my head that much?1

After a few minutes the van comes to a sudden stop nearly sending Danny out the dam door, ha-ha dam, I wonder if Zoe has figured that out yet? I chuckled at the thought of Zoe sitting in her tent right now trying to figure out what we were laughing about.1

Dan glared at me for laughing, I put my hands up in an I surrender motion to keep him quiet. "Ok when these idiots open the door we are going to run out and hopefully they will shit themselves and fall over giving the animals a change to run and get away from here." I whispered.

A couple seconds later the doors opened, and we burst through and into the boiling heat of the dessert. The guy who opened the door fell straight over and the other I tackled out of the road as we ran by.

I looked back to see the trio of animals running in the other direction and to safety. I ran and caught up with the others who were running all over the show through alleyways.

We finally came to our distention, the lotus hotel and casino. We walked in and were met by a bellhop.

He gave us the cash cards and the others walked off in a daze while I waited with the man. "Do you know I could find a Bianca and Nico Di Angelo?" I asked as the others merged with the crowd.