Honest

Hoseok's POV

"Ready, let's go."

"One, two, three, four- shoot!" Hoseok exclaims, messing up for the fiftieth time that day.

A student around the same age walks up to Hoseok whilst catching his breath in the morning dance session. "Hey, you okay Hoseok? You seem a bit off this morning."

"I'm fine," Hoseok attempts to smile, but it just looks forced. "How about we take a break?"

With some head nods and a few "yes's", Hoseok makes his way to his office beside the studio room.

Wiping off some of the collected sweat on his forehead, Hoseok places a warm hand on his head before sitting down in the empty room.

"Stop thinking about it," he hunches over, scolding himself.

All morning long, the only thoughts that fill his mind are of that boy, and how he wants to kiss him once more. He can't focus on anything else.

He just met him, so what'd he expect when he woke up this morning?

Well, certainly not an empty space on the bed beside him.

But, things never seemed to go his way.

Somehow, though, he thought maybe just this once they would have.

He was wrong.

"God, you're weird." Yoongi had said the night before, to which Hoseok's brows turned down, a frown also making it's way to his face, but there wasn't enough time for it to fully reach it.

Because Yoongi then kissed him.

As if the cliche they were playing out was just some stupid, coincidental concept, they continued moving lips.

And that's all that happened.

Not wanting to spoil the moment, neither of them thought any different when crawling into bed beside each other and falling asleep.

Asleep like the end of a sweet, wonderful fairytale that they would awake from the next day.

Except, there was no glass slipper left behind when Hoseok woke up with no one beside him.

Nothing at all, actually.

He just had to accept that Yoongi left, not wanting that blissful daydream they were trapped in the day before to continue.

Hoseok couldn't get the thought out of his head.

But all of that didn't matter when he walked into Y/N's apartment later that night.

***

Y/N's POV

(present)

Hoseok continues to dry off Jimin's sweat, removing the blankets that cover his lower half completely. He doesn't question your earlier words.

He'll die without me.

Instead, he focuses on Jimin solely, trusting you that this is the only option.

"Get him some more water," he commands you as gently as he can. "We need to bring his fever down right away."

Nodding your head, you sniffle before hurriedly moving to the kitchen with the bowl.

Your hands shake as you fill the pot with fresh water, grabbing another towel along with a glass of water.

Hoseok wastes no time when you come back in, quickly wetting the towel before placing it on Jimin's forehead.