Found and Lost

Y/N's POV

You would like to say that the moment you saw him was distinctive and special.

But it was anything but that.

With a yelling man catching the attention of nearly everyone walking on that street, Jimin hunched over in front of him; it was almost impossible not to see him.

You, Hosoek, Jungkook, and even Taehyung watch the exchange.

The store they stand in front of is where Jimin and the man came from, and Jimin slowly backs away as the man waves an accusing finger at him.

"Get out of my store," you make out the mans yelling.

You watch from afar as Jimin attempts to raise his arm, pointing at the front of the building labeled Home Depot.

You only stand for a second longer before you're running down the street as quickly as your long legs can carry you.

Hoseok nods to the other two in acknowledgment and follows your grueling pace without complaint.

Tears brim your eyes before you know it when the distance between you and him decreases.

Though you can't see his face, his blonde hair is in full display in front of you, even more disheveled than when he left.

"J-Jimin," you call weakly.

So close.

You think when he's only a matter of feet away.

He turns toward you as you continue to run until you're right in front of him.

And then you finally are able to see him:

The tear-stained eyes that are sunken in, his small form that suddenly seems even smaller, and finally the way his whole body seems to shake as he stands in the middle of the sidewalk.

You pay no mind to the man who was yelling at him seconds ago and who has now returned back inside the store.

"Jimin," you hush once more before taking one last step further.

You want to hug him, tell him how sorry you are, you want to bring him back home.

With a release of your breath, you reach out to him.

You don't notice the frightened look in his eyes until he steps back with a small whimper. As if you just being near him will break him even more.

"Jimin," you say weakly. "I-I'm so sorry, please."

You reach for him once more, this time your hand making it to his arm.

He yelps sharply, almost falling back as he moves away from you.

The tears that were once of joy that fill your eyes are now the opposite.

"J-Jimin, I'm sorry." You try to say through the droplets that cascade down your face relentlessly.

A hand reaches your shoulder, stopping you from moving any further.

"Y/N," Hoseok hushes. "I think you should go back home. I'll take care of him."

***

Jimin's POV

Oh, how the many tears that seem to have fallen from his eyes dry out his mouth. How the many tears that have fallen from his eyes seem to deprive him of the little water left in his entire body.

How many tears he has cried for her.

"Here," Hoseok says gently before handing Jimin a glass of water. "You look like you haven't eaten anything either. Want a sandwich or something?"