Lizards [Fallen Shorts]

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to Fallen-Shorts, where we go beyond the chapters to show what's really going up with Y/N and that knucklehead Jimin! Today we will be showing a series of events that express Jimin's, or as we like to call him, Chim Chim's, love for lizards!

Note that the following scenes are not in the present time, i.e. before Y/N confesses to loving Jimin.

It's been a day since Jerri has shown up, and Jimin acts as though he and the tiny, scaled creature is his best friend

It's almost concerning how differently Jimin acts, even after just one day.

Call it excitement, but Jimin literally has started crawling on all fours, sticking his tongue out randomly, even coming as far as closing just one of his eyes slowly at a time, just like the little lizard.

You've let it slide up until one very usual Sunday evening that was supposed to stay usual, but it wasn't.

-

"Chim, go to bed soon." You call from the spot on your bed, laptop on as you work on an assignment for the following day.

Emerging from the kitchen, he moves to the opposite side of the bed you sit on, that dumb lizard on his shoulder. "Y/N, can I watch you play for a while?"

"I'm not playing, I'm working." You correct.

Still, he moves to sit beside you, eyeing the computer screen intently.

"He better stay on your shoulder," you tell Jimin. "Don't let him crawl around my bed." He nods.

And he stays like that for a while, being surprisingly quiet.

He then leans over to rest his head on your shoulder. It doesn't bother you, so you let him without a protest for him to just move to his chair.

Everything is normal.

You work on your assignment, the room is noiseless, Jimin has Jerri on his shoulder.

Normal.

Too normal.

Oh, but then you feel something wet on your neck.

And it isn't normal anymore.

"Ah," you yelp, pulling away from Jimin. "What the heck?!"

He looks up at you innocently, Jerri on his head.

"What was that?" You ask again, touching the wet spot on your neck.

Jimin sticks his tongue out with an unchanging expression. "I'm like Jerri now."

Then he crawls off your bed.

***

"No, we can't keep all of them

"No, we can't keep all of them. There's just no way," you shake your head as Jimin begs you on the floor.

Three babies.

Three whole lizard babies on top of the two you already own.

There's no way.

You'd have to get a bigger cage, more food, and Jimin would try to put them all on his head.

He holds all five lizards in his hands, staring up at you with big eyes and a sniffle. "Please, Y/N. They are family. Don't you think they want to remember whose belly they came from?"

You can't break, you can't.

You chant commands to yourself in your head, biting your lip while staring down at him.

"N-N-Yes," you sigh, closing your eyes. How could you say no when you know how much those lizards mean to him?

"Yes! Thank you, Y/N." He giggles while wiggling in his spot. "I'm going to love them so much."

You smile lightly as his happiness.

He looks up at you from the cage, then stands. He smiles widely and hugs you.

"It's okay, Y/N. I'll still always like you the most."

[A/N]

I'm SoRRy. i'M wEiRd aNd aM TaKINg A lOnG tIMe tO WritE thE nExT CHaptEr.

- Miley Montanna