Chapter 2 - Suffering

It was the middle of the night, but I couldn't sleep. I grabbed some paper from my nightstand and started writing. It's a strange habit, but I sometimes wrote letters. Letters adressed to Deidara, speaking about our life, but I always trew them away, so I start all my letters right from the begining.

Another day passed. It's almost the same for 11 years.

After leaving the Akatsuki, I had a strong feeling about being pregnant. I found a tiny village and decided to live there. The local doctor diagnostised, that my prediction was right and also, that my right leg is completely useless, so he suggested amputating it.

I didn't let him, cause if he would had gotten into contact with my blood, he had been died. I made the operation for myself, then replaced my leg with metal to make myself able to walk. Later I replaced it with a more comfortable, home made, metal leg.

Soon, I gave birth to the twins, Takara and Katsu. It was a bit hard to raise them alone, but I worked it out.

Takara became a beautiful young lady. Her long blond hair is just like yours, Deidara. When she ties it up, it remembers me of you.

I'm almost completely sure, that she got my ability, cause her eyes sometimes seem to flash in purple. But it can be, that it's only my imagination, cause it looks like, that organical elements are not harming her. I don't know...

On the other hand, she has an artistic vein too, which I can bet, she got from you. She likes the nature and natural things and often hangs out in the nearby forest.

She thinks, that "Art is Nature". She can say it with just as much proud and confidence as you were speaking about "Your true art of a single moment".

Katsu is absolutely different. He has short, brown hair, only a little brighter toned than mine. He has palm-mouths just as you did and I had made a clay pocket for him, which he treasures.

Unfortunatelly, he is not quite artistic, so he uses his ability in a different form you did. He formes her sculptures just to be practical and able to do it's work.

He makes little insects to get into small cracks, bats, that are able to fly and giant spiders to battle on land. I think, you would be really proud of him.

Also, he is a helpless casanova. Almost all the girls in the village want to go out with him. I let him do what he wants, waiting for him to get more matured.

There is no ninja education in our village, so I decided to teach them myself. Takana is studying hard to be a medic. She is talented and also clever and hard working. I tought her some fighting techniques too.

Through the years, Katsu became a skilled fighter. He is very stong in combats. Moreover, he is tactical, thinking over and over his every movement to figure out the best solution.

They often asked me about you. You know just as well as I do, that I can't tell them about you just now. But if it's time, I will tell them. Until then, I only says, that their father was "A very special man".

I let out a geat sigh as the pen fall from my hands. Then a teardrop reached to paper. That little teardrop made me realise, that I had been crying for a long time. I looked down to the paper. It was wet from my tears.

I lent my head back and let my tears run down on my face. It has been a long time since I last set my emotions free. This time, the feelings rushed at me with terrible force.

I clenched into the blanket on my bed, wrapping it aroung myself. My tears just didn't wanted to stop.

'I miss you Dei-koi.' I whispered into the dark, then slowly I cried myself into a deep sleep.