Chapter 11 - So many things

Fujiko's P. O. V.

'Guys! I'm back!' I said as I got near the cave.

I found my children building a campfire. I gave them the four rabbits, I got on the way back.

'Four?' Katsu raised an eyebrow. 'How will we divide four rabbits equally between us?'

I smiled at him, then took a deep breath. This is when I have to tell them!

'We have a guest.' Their eyes widened.

'But mum! We can barely feed ourselfs!' Takara spoke up. 'Moreover, we are dead to the world, so who would "visit" us?' I smirkled at her worlds.

'Someone, who is dead to the world too.' Their jaws dropped, giving me a confused look.

Deidara's P. O. V.

I stepped out from the shadows, where I was hiding during their talk.

Takara and Katsu were just staring at me for a few minutes, jaws dropped. I smiled at them, but was really nervous in the inside. What if they don't like me?

'Guys, this is Deidara.' Fujiko broke the silence. 'Your father.'

"Father." I still have to get used to this. I have to accept the fact, that they are my children and I'm their parent. It's strange. Really strange...

Suddenly, Takara jumped up and dashed at me. I almost fell down from her dash, but she wrapped me into a tight hug. Katsu just walked closer.

'Takara-chan, hmm?' I asked her noticing, that she was snobbing.

'I knew you will come.' She looked at me with her big blue eyes, which were shining from her tears. Her tears were running down on her cheeks, but she was smiling. She was crying from happiness!

'You knew?' I similed at her. She nooded smiling back. I lent down a bit to kiss her forehead, then spoke up.

'Mind if I greet your brother too, hmm?' She smiled at me, then stepped away. I walked to the silently standing twin.

'I know, that now we should shake hands as we are both men, but...'

'I know.' Katsu showed his palm to me. 'It's not a good idea for me too.' He smiled at me. I slaped him on the back, both laughing.

We were chatting airily, while the girls were preparing lunch. They called for us when it was ready.

We enjoyed the meal together. It was no longer strange to be with them. I only felt a little pain in the corner of my heart for the years they have lived without me.

After lunch, Fujiko went into the forest with Katsu for something. I was left alone with Takara. We both sat down on the edge of the cliff.

'Thank you.' She spoke up after some minutes of silence.

'For what, hmm?' I looked at her.

'For making mum happy again.' I gave her a confused look, making her go on. 'You know, she was very depressed about losing you and not so long before we have left the village, she cried a lot. She only told us about you, when we found her old stuff from the time she stayed in the Akatsuki. She kept all these things locked deep inside her for so many years. ...'

I felt a stange feeling growing inside me as I listened to her, speaking about their life before. Maybe a unreasonable guilt for leaving them? No, it was different this time. I felt guilty for making my one and only love suffer.

I wanted to reply to her, but Fujiko rushed to us. That meant, that this talk is over. She placed her arms on my shoulder, turing to Takara with her face.

'Taka-chan, can you help Katsu? He has a little problem...' Fujiko said to her child.

'Sure, but why do I have to help him all the time?' She asked, but walked away without waiting for an answer.

'What kind of problem, hmm?' I turned to her, being curious.

'A problem with a tree...' She took a little pause before continuing. 'You know, Takara has my ability but her allergy is the complete opposite of mine. She is familiar with natural elements.'

'Oh, I see, hmm!' I slowly placed my hand on her right leg, knowing about her wound, but I became shocked. I felt the cold touch of metal under my palm.

She pulled away her leg immediately, looking away. I raised an eyebrow at her. As an answer, she just lifted up the right leg of her jeans, revealing, that the whole lower part of her leg was replaced with metal.

'Since when? Why, hmm?'

'I was on the top of a tree, when I saw the flash of your suicidal explosion. I fell down and completely crashed my leg. There were no other way for me to live on beside this.'

I nodded, then she covered her leg back. So many things had happened, since I died. Too many things...