[Chapter 1]

I've been looking after my little sister for the past 5 years, our mum left. Our dad passed away years ago, and our older brother, he's in prison.

Rough family.

We've been living in the same place for many years as I've no idea how to get us out. I get so much money a month to help us get by.

Food, Electricity, Gas & Neccesities.

It all goes on food, the only way I get extra money for birthday's, is if I sell something off. I unfortunately have had to sell some of my dad's collection, prized to him, sentimental to us.

But I have had no choice in the matter and to just sell it off.

Tomorrow is my little sister Jupiter's birthday, I managed to sell of about 20 odd records. So thankfully I'm able to take her out for the day.

More than likely, will be food and a choice of movie for the house that night. I don't know yet, all depends if she wants to go out. She has been down lately because she knew her birthday was right around the corner. She kinda hates her own birthday, because she thinks she is the reason for our mother's running.

Which of course, isn't true.

But of course, things are starting to get harder, I'm needing to buy in bigger clothes for Jupiter as she is almost 16 years old now. I'm 24.

I'm thankful for any up by family, gifting her clothes for each year she has grew. They gifted her enough that she can walk around without feeling like the odd one out.

Myself, I have came to use my brother's clothing, which unfortunate for myself is mostly white t-shirts, semi baggy jeans and my own boots. Him & I were the same size luckily.

I also had to use his jacket as mine ripped heavily after bringing in the fridge that my mother's sister gave us because she got a new one and no longer needed the one she gave us.

"Ross, I'm going out. Do you need anything?" I blink my eyes back to reality. Did I hear her correctly.

"How can I need anything, we don't get any money until midnight tonight. We have what we need!" She widens her eyes after realising she is caught out.

"Get back in here, now. Please" She sighs, slamming the door shut behind her.

"Mind keeping the door on it's hinges, we can't afford to replace it if your strength snaps it off" She smiles slightly from my light humour. Although, I was being serious.

"I found it bro" I blankly state at her, knowing she is talking a lot of bullshit.

"Crap, come on little sis. Cough up" She squeezes her eyes shut as she gives me the 20 bucks from her hand.

"Jupiter, where did you get this from?" She goes to answer, when I hold my hand up.

"Don't bullshit me saying that someone from our family gave you it either, they only do that if we're are desperate and the request is coming from me" She rolls her eyes, planking herself on the couch on the opposite side of me.

"Look Ross, I just sold off a few pieces of my jewellery" She doesn't have any, she's more tombiysh than anyone else I know.

"You sold off mum's jewellery?" I was getting a little annoyed now, those pieces could have gotten us a lot of money.

"It was mines, up by gave it to me for Christmas" Another lie.

"I know everything you get for your birthday's and Christmas's, stop lying" Her face goes red, I knew it.

"Okay fine, yes. I sold off a piece of mum's jewellery" She was about to stand up when I held her arm, my blood was almost boiling.

"Just tell me how much you got for it, for the pieces you did sell?" She looked at me sympathically.

"It was only a necklace. 80 bucks is what I got for it. I would have went to a pawnbroker but they wouldn't have let me in because of my age and I couldn't tell you" 80 bucks for a diamond necklace? Ripped off.

"You've got 20, where is the other 60?" She smiles at me this time.

"Let's just say, your birthday is covered, as-well as your Christmas" I smiled at the fact she was being thoughtful with the majority of the money she claimed from mum's necklace.

"Okay, in that case. Thank you. If you want to get something, why don't you put something onto the house?" She thinks for a moment to herself. She nods and walks out of the door. Away to the shops my sister goes.