[Chapter 22]

Once we arrived at the hospital, I'm more appropriately dressed for this horrible occasion. Laura was still in the same clothes, so I rummage through the bag and find a spare pair of bottom from Jupiter and a t-shirt from my side. Hand them over to Laura.

"Ross, I'm okay" I shove them back into her hands and give her intense look.

"Get changed, I'll ask where my sister has been placed and wait for you here" She nods lightly and hurries to the ladies toilets.

Walking over the counter, a semi middle-aged women at the computer. She pushes her glasses up when she sees me approaching.

"Can I help you?" I didn't waste any time.

"Jupiter Lynch" She nods and starts typing into the computer. She stares at the screen for a moment reading over something.

"Give me a moment son, this computer is taking ages to load" Okay, so I was wrong.

"Ahh, here we go, Floor 4, room 32" I nod, thanking her. I turn away to find Laura Exiting the toilets and running up to me. I just instinctly take her hand and rush over to the elevator. She doesn't object so I keep her hand in mines.

Stepping into the lift, pressing the 4th floor button. My breath is heaveld. My chest rising in worry. I'm fighting back tears.

"I'm sure she'll be okay, she is a fighter" I heard Laura saying words, but the more I thought of the asshole who even injured my sister. The more I wanna leave this building to hunt the bastard down to put him in here. But Jupiter needed her brother there for her.

Simple, Karma will catch you eventually.

"I know" The elevator dings, signalling us to be on the 4th floor, I snap my head to the sound and gripped Laura's hand again, more securely waiting for the door to just slide open.

'Come on, come on' is all I could think off, waiting for this lift to open felt like an eternity. The more I waited, the more desperate I felt to see my sister.

I waited until there was just enough room for Laura & I to sqeeuze through, Laura didn't say anything but followed after me, not that she did have a choice as our hands were still intertwined.

"Nurse" I shouted loudly, wanting to catch their attention of us arriving within seconds.

"How can we help you?" I wanted to slap her, but she obviously didn't know why I was here.

"Room 32" She looked at her records and nodding lifting her head.

"Lynch, Jupiter" I nodded, verifying the details.

"Okay, right now she isn't ready for visiting. She is still healing. Lucky for your sister, she only got a blade depth of 1cm. No internal organs damaged. Tissue was scarred of course, but apart from that. She is gonna recover fully" I felt a wave of relieve.

"So, this didn't effect her badly, why can't I just sit in with her?" She looked at Laura for a moment, I could totally see that sympathy look in her eyes. I'm not stupid.

"I just didn't want you to be sitting and worrying" I nodded, simple understanding her reasoning.

"I get that, but I'm her brother. With all due respect I'd rather she saw me first and not one of your staff. Do you understand?" She does look slightly offended, but at this moment I don't care. She is holding me back from seeing my sister.

"Okay Mr Lynch, but can I ask. Who's this?" Gesturing towards Laura.

"Her sister" Yes, it's lie. I'll own up to it in the future.

"Okay, you may both go in, but please stay quite as she does need her rest. She'll awaken in her own time" Laura & I both nod.

Grabbing Laura's wrist this time, and not her hand I find room 32 and slowly open it. Slowly revealing my sister to us. My eyes fill with tears almost immediately start crying there and then.

There she is, my sister, Jupiter. Lying on the hospital bed in a hospital gown that is barely 1cm thickness, she must be so cold. Tubes and wire hooked up to her poor body, the beeping of the machines. I wanted to cry so badly. My poor sister got hurt and now she is in hospital.