[Chapter 3]

Once we paid for our items, we grab the carrier bags heading towards the exit. I struggle to get all the bags into one hand. I rummage my pockets for the car keys.

Finding them, I press the unlock button. Hearing the doors unlock, Jupiter opens her side, throwing the bags into the back. I do the same once I open my side and step in.

I wait for Jupiter to strap herself in, once she does. I start the ignition and reverse out the car park and start on our way back home.

"Ross, someone's car is broken down" I look ahead at the car at the side of the road. A wee red Honda is flashing red lights at the side. I decide to pull over and see if the driver needs any help.

"Bro, what are you doing?" Before she has chance to say anymore. I'm out the car, shutting the car door and walk over to the car.

"Excuse me, are you okay there?" I wait for an answer. Nothing.

"Hello?" I wait again.

"OW!" That had to hurt, I see a small body emerging from the bottom of the car at the front.

"You okay!" I was concerned as they never answered me the first 2 times.

"Yeah, I'm okay!" Wait... Why do I recognise that voice.

"Laura?" There is no way.

"Ross?" It is her.

"Oh wow, I didn't see this coming" She chuckles lightly, grabbing a cloth from the roof of her car and whipping her forehead.

"Neither did I, how did you know I needed help?" I gesture towards my car, my sister waved.

"Your sister. Got it"

Then, out of nowhere, heavy snowfall started.

"Lovely weather eh?" She nodded grabbed her jacket from the driver seat and shoved it on.

"Oh aye, gets cold fast though" I nod moving round to the front of the car and realise the engine is every so slightly Amber. It's overheated.

"You'll need to call AAA for this, but they won't come out in this weather. Where do you live?" She looks embarrassed.

"I live almost 45 minutes away from here. The usual shop was closed and this was the closet to anything for groceries I could find. This has got to be the worst timing for my car to break down. And with the weather being like this, like you said they won't come out till it's either calmed down or stopped altogether" I nod closing the lid of the car.

"Yeah, the weather reporter said it looked to last 24-48 hours. And that all depends how heavy the snow is going to be. It could be inches by the time it's done" We both agree.

"Well, why don't you grab your stuff and hop into my car" She looked weary.

"I don't want to impose" I hold up 2 fingers gesturing hold on. Nodding, I walk back to the car, but on the passenger side, Jupiter sees me and rolls down the window and leans her elbow against the side.

"Everything good?" I nod looking back at Laura.

"Yeah, her car has overheated and it broke down. There's no chance she'll get home today with this weather" It was fucking freezing, had to be -12 by now.

"Well, have you invited her back to ours yet?" I stared at Jupiter, I didn't expect her to say that.

"Are you sure, I mean tomorrow is your birthday!" She nods smiling.

"Of course, more company the better" I nod realising she was right. There is always extra food and some cake left, means it won't go to waste.

"Okay, I'll bring her back!"

"Alright, I'll move to the back of the car so she doesn't have to worry about moving to the back" I nod, smiling.

"Right Laura, you are all good to go!" She had the phone at her ear.

"Yes, that's correct. Yes, I will be at... 2 seconds!" She looked at me for a moment.

"Where do you live?" I widen my eyes and realise she must be on the phone to AAA.

"45 Leafet Street" She nods repeating it back to the caller on the phone.

"Okay, thank you. Yes, just call this number if anything is needed" She ends the call and looks at me smiling.

"Thank you for that, we are all good" She goes to the back of the car, opening her boot and takes out 3 bags of shopping & her massive looking handbag.

"Is there anything you need for immediate use?" She nods grabbing it all.

"Okay, let's head"