[Chapter 28]

"Ross, Ross, Ross" Jupiter and Laura both shout down the hall in the house. We are in Laura's place again and this time we are staying for a while. I felt as if was unfair. Laura has her place and I didn't want to be taking her away from that.

Plus, I didn't want to be standing in that hallway much longer. Everyday it reminds me of our mother who ran away. Our brother who is imprisonment.

"What's wrong you two?" Laura hands me my phone, the biggest smile imaginable on her face. I take the phone into my hand and place the device on my ear.

"Hello?" Not knowing what to expect. I suddenly heard this male voice on the other side.

"Mr Lynch?" The voice was deep. Professional almost.

"Yes, who's calling?" I hear paper being shuffled about and I patiently wait for this person to answer.

"I'm Mr Prentice, Manager at Destiny Inc" My eyes widen, I've heard of that place, I'm sure it's the place I'm thinking about.

"The music label?" I ask subtly. Not wanting to get excited when I could be totally wrong.

"Yes, that's correct. I saw your video on YouTube, I think you sang very well and it was very heartwarming what you did for your sister at the hospital a week ago. I'd like to ask if you could come into my office later this afternoon so we can have a little chat about your possible future with us" I was so shocked, if my body parts weren't connected, my jaw would have dropped to the floor within seconds of those words being spoken in my ear.

"Oh man, Yes. Thank you so much Mr Prentice. What time shall I come round to your office?"

"Give me a moment please?" I nod, not realising he can't see me.

"Of course" I put myself against the wall. I can feel gravity pulling my body downwards.

"Can you be in my office for 2pm" I look at my watch and it's 11:45.

"Yes, sir. Do I need to bring anything?" I can sense him smiling from the other end.

"No Ross, just bring yourself. If you want to perform for me. Bring your guitar. I'd like to see a live show" My smile couldn't get bigger by the second.

"Yes, of course sir. See you soon bye" He hangs up and I turn round to find Laura and Jupiter both smiling big, they're both holding each others hand tightly.

"I need to get ready" It takes around and hour and half to get there. It's already almost 12, and I want to shower and freshen up and of course there is the massive possibility of traffic because Destiny Inc is in the city.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Laura, Jupiter & I get into my car and my heart is pounding against my chest.

"Ross, you okay bro?" Jupiter asks whilst placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Yes. I'm fine, I'm just nervous" They both place their hand on my shoulder for support, I keep my eyes on the road. My head has so many thoughts running through it.

What will happen?

Will there a possible future in music?

Can I do a good live show for him and impress him?

Possibly give my sister a better future?

All these questions constantly run through my head over and over again.

"I'm nervous, but I am so thankful for you two being here with me" They didn't have to say anything. They know they don't have to. Me just saying that is enough for the both of them.

Parking my car in the lot next to the label building. I state at it for a moment, time reading 1:50.

"It's right there. The building" We all step out and lock the door.

"You ready Ross?" I stare at Laura, a sweet smile on her face, Jupiter standing behind me, I can feel her gently nudging me.

"Bro, don't stall. Move it!" I laugh, she's lying.

"Okay, I'm going now" I can actually feel myself not move.

I am stalling.

Shit.

"Sureeeeee" Jupiter then full force pushes me to get me on my way to the front door of the building.

Here we go.