[Chapter 25]

Racing back to the hospital with my guitar case in the passenger seat, I think about the words in this song. What the song means to me, what it will hopefully mean to Jupiter, if she is awake that is.

My luck seems to be with me at the moment, every traffic light I pass, is either turning green or stays green for me.

Usually, it'd take 20 odd minutes to get to the hospital from my place, whereas today it is taking me 12-15 minutes. Very quick, but for me- not quick enough.

I check my guitar, in it's case. I might have buckled it into my passenger seat just to make sure it doesn't move, can't chance it getting broken. I've had the instrument for years, it was my 10th birthday present from both of my presents.

I used to love music, when I was younger. Days are long gone though, never to be seen again, until I get to this hospital. I cough, checking my throat.

It seems fine, some water to lubrication.

I see the hospital within distance, and my heart is racing, I've never really sang in-front of anyone either, and I'm going to be singing in-front of Laura. My sister hasn't heard me before, she might not if she is still unconscious when I get there.

Parking my car I quickly get out and slam the door shut behind me. Pressing the lock button of the car keys I race for the front double doors on the hospital building.

Practically jogging through the doors, I don't even want to wait for the lift, I head straight for the stairs and jump 3 steps at a time, my guitar case on my back like a backpack. I hold the case with my hand, with me practically jumping the stairs like a kangaroo, the guitar is bouncing off my back.

My heart is racing.

My hands are sweating.

My breathing is fast.

My legs are getting tired, fast.

My feet don't feel the floor.

I am so worried for my sister, this song means a lot to me right now. I want this to be something she'll remember, the song, not the memory of being in hospital of course.

I'm at the floor within 2 minutes of kangaroo jumping. I pull the handle on the heavy duty door to my sister's floor and swing it by me, waltzing through the hallway.

I quickly make my way to the room where my sister and Laura reside in at the moment, still worried about what Laura and the staff might think.

I open the door to the room, seeing my sister still out, Laura on her phone, relaxing in a weird position in the chair.

Once she sees me, she snaps back to reality and stands up looking over at my sister. I do the same.

Laura & I both look at each other a moment later, our eyes connected for a few moments. My chest is feeling heavy. My heart is beating even faster than before.

"Is that what you went back home for Ross?" She asks gesturing towards the guitar case. I nod, looking down to my hand. The leather handle that holds up the rest of the case, that is engulfing my guitar in a gentle casing.

I take my guitar and place down on the table in-front of Jupiter's bed. Unzipping it, revealing the instrument inside.

"Whoa, that is one gorgeous guitar Ross" I smile lightly, my fingers grazing the wood, there was a slight dent at the bottom, a little bit of glitter nail polish as-well.

There is plenty of good memories within this guitar, it was the last good thing my parents got me before shit went down with them.

"Thanks Laura, it means a lot to me. More than you and Jupiter would even think to believe" She nods, a gleam in her eye as she looks at it.

"Well, I am gonna do something for Jupiter" Laura smiles and takes a step back whilst I take my guitar out the case and put the strap over my shoulder.

I close the door a jar, and prepare myself.