[Chapter 4]

Once we all climbed into my car, I started for back home. Leaving Laura's broken down car at the side of the street. Laura sitting next to me in the passenger seat and Jupiter is in the back seat, listening to her music.

"So Laura, where are you from?" I widened my eyes from Jupiter's sudden question.

"Well, I was born and partially raised in Italy. I got moved to California with my parents. But because I got a part-time job at a vet, I wanted to stay. They are currently back in Italy"

"Wow, that is incredible" Laura smiles in her seat looking back to Jupiter.

"What about you's?" Jupiter goes quite. I don't know why she asked that it always get returned and that's a touchy subject for her.

"It's a touchy subject for Jupiter. Which is why I'm curious as to why she asked it" Jupiter stayed quite. She felt guilty now.

"Aw, it's okay. I won't press on the subject. Don't worry" I nod, looking back to Jupiter in the rear mirror. She is still looking down. I sigh knowing she is feeling like crap for asking, realising the results of her actions.

When I raised her, I told her many times. Even when passing strangers that you can't ask people where they are from because that question always leads to a return question and because we are very sensitive to the subject. I've told her not to ask unless you're ready.

Clearly, she wasn't ready.

"Right, well. Today is a big day. Jupiter turns 16 today. I will apologise in advance, it won't be big" Jupiter leans forward, left-hand and goes onto my right shoulder.

"Bro, you know I don't care about the size of it. Just having you there for me is all that matters-" she pauses and looks at Laura.

"Laura, will you be there for my birthday?" I look at Laura, that's a big thing for Jupiter to ask. I was proud of her to be putting herself out there.

"Of course, I will be there" I laugh lightly. Both Laura & Jupiter look at me.

"What? I mean because of the fact of this weather. There is no way I am allowing Laura to go home, especially without any transport and it looks as if the weather is getting worse. The cars won't be allowed to go on the road tomorrow" Both of them nod, agreeing with my reasoning.

"Looks like I'm with you's for a couple of days" I look at Laura, wondering if she was okay with that.

"We don't bite" Jupiter laughs and leans forward.

"He says that now" Laura blushes and so do I.

"Jupiter. Come on sis" She shrugs and leans back into the back seat.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

I park the car in the house driveway. Me and Laura exit the car, Laura waits for Jupiter to get out before I go the boot of the car and help Laura with the groceries. Jupiter heads straight for the door and leaves it open.

"Sorry for Jupiter's sudden need to ask about your background. She likes you" I recieve a kind smile from Laura sweet face.

"Well, I like her too. Your sister is very sweet. And I do appreciate you letting me reside here for a while. I'm not entirely sure how I would've gotten home if you were a meanie and sent me packing without having a heart.

Nodding, I take the last bag from the boot closing it afterwards. Putting the car key in my mouth, I take a bag off the ground and bite down on the keys, waiting for the car to fully lock.

Laura is already in the front door, walking through to the kitchen and placing the bags on the island. Jupiter was in the living-room.

"So I was going to make an Italian pasta for dinner, and now that I have found out your from Italy, I'm sure you'll like it?" I ask, not assuming.

"How about, since you are letting me stay here for a bit. You allow me to cook for you two" I was taken back by her request.

"Okay, do you have everything you need?" She nods and raise my hand surrending the kitchen to her.

"Well, I shall allow you full access to the kitchen. Give me a shout if you need any help" Laura nods taking ingredients out of the bags.

-----------

Right guys, I do apologise for the lack of updating yesterday, but I went through something stressful. Here's the update, I hope it was okay :)