[Chapter 14]

Drying off my body from the shower I quickly had, I leave my hair after roughly towel drying it for a moment, there was still some droplets of water falling from the tips. I throw on a lose tank top and roughed up faded jeans with socks, throwing those items on I run downstairs jumping down the last 4 steps and landing with a thud.

"Ross, did you have to make such a racket?" I laugh at her for a moment and see Laura sitting on the couch, facing my way. I stare at her, thinking back to the dream, it seemed so surreal.

"H-Hey Ross" I snap my attention back to reality once again, I see Laura standing at the end of the couch this time, she is leaning against it. Her eyes permanently on my person. I just stand there, wondering if she is going to say.

"I'll be right back" Jupiter runs upstairs to grab her phone, we are taking Laura home today, she wanted to make sure she wasn't ransacked whilst been gone.

"Hey Laura, how are you today?" She doesn't answer.

"I had a dream, about you" I widen my eyes from the shock of straight forward sentence.

"Oh yeah, care to elaborate" She shakes her head, smiling. I can also see a slight blush appearing on her small cheeks.

"Nope, just know this-" I don't say anything, waiting to hear what she says.

"I kind of wanted it to be real..." She didn't, did she?

"Are you saying-" I walk towards Laura, so maybe listening ears can't hear.

"You had a hot dream about me?" Her face reddens even more, looking down she nods. I take her chin lifting her face upwards.

"Don't be embarrassed, I did to" I can see the look in her eyes change, she is shocked, relieved, happy and ecstatic all on the same boat. I feel myself leaning in slightly when-

"I'm ready you two, as much as I don't want to take Laura home, I'd rather she stayed here" Laura snaps her attention to my sister, who is currently standing at the bottom of the stairs, holding her phone in her hands. My concern is, how long was she standing there for? Did she say anything? Did she interrupt us if she did and if so, why?

"Right okay, let's get going then" I say while keeping me eyes on Laura's beautiful set. She does the same, her eyes never leave mine.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

We are 10 minutes on the road, Jupiter in the back typing away on her phone, Laura is looking ahead, the rare occasionally glimpse my way, but nothing to noticeable. My eyes are facing forward, but the thoughts of the dream & what almost happened in the hall way still lurks about in my brain.

I am not sure what to take from the particular memory of what almost happened.

Does Laura like me, or is she playing me... She did say she had a dream about me, I did have one about her and oh my gosh, that dream. I feel growth happening again.

I have to fight these thoughts, otherwise unwanted eyes are going to catch the rising materials of my jeans if they either lean forward or turn to the left a little. I can't even cross my legs as I am driving. Think of something else brain, darn you.  

"So, Laura" Great start Ross man.

"Yeah?" She doesn't turn and I thank all above.

"Are you gonna wanna hang with us again?" I wait for her answer, I see Jupiter's attention is facing forward meaning she is also waiting for Laura's answer.

"Yeah, definitely. I'd love to" I mentally celebrate, I hear Jupiter cheer from the backseat. I also hear Laura cheer to, I look over quickly to find Jupiter is hugging Laura from behind the chair. That explains Laura's surprised cheer, she didn't expect Jupiter's act of affection.

"Can we hang with you too?" I raise my eyebrow at Jupiter for asking such a question, I lick my lips to lubricate them, my mouth was dry. I should've brought a drink with me. Dumb idea.

"Of course you can, I'd love for you and Ross to visit me, maybe even stay for a night or two. You'll have to sleep on the couch though Jupiter, you okay with that?" Laura & I see Jupiter nodding like crazy.