[Chapter 29]

I walk through the massive double doors of the labels building. I see the front desk- reception. A teenager sits within the chair behind it facing a computer. She sees me and smiles, pulling her call centre head pace out the way.

"Hello, how can I help you today?" I gently smile at her, placing both hands on the counter, looking about for a moment. I see a panflet, advertising the label's business.

'Destiny Inc. Where your musical dreams come true'

Wow, that's so creative.

"Mr Prentice asked to see me at 2pm" She nods looking at her computer, her eyebrows draw together.

"I'm sorry sir, but your not on his calendar for today. Are you sure?" Is this a joke, was the phone call a prank?

"Yes, I am sure. Can you please call him and ask?" She nods sweetly and presses a few buttons, connecting her through to the manager of the building.

"Excuse me, what's your name so I can let him know who is here for him?" I nod, answering her.

"Lynch" She nods, paying extra attention to the ringing in her ear.

"Mr Prentice, I have a Lynch here for you?" She finishes with a smile.

"Okay, I'll send him up right away sir" She then pressed a little button on the ear piece and looks up to me.

"He's ready for you, can your girlfriend and I'm gonna take a guess little sister wait here please, only one can go up" I raised my eyebrows, turning behind me and see Laura and Jupiter.

Jupiter was smirking whilst Laura pulling lips inside, smiling with a little blush upon her cheeks.

"Um, okay. You 2 stay here and I'll be down soon" They both, taking each other's hands and sitting down on the chairs by the lift.

I enter the lift once it opens and step inside with my guitar in hand, I press the top floor and patiently wait for the doors to close.

As the doors close in-front of me, I feel my breath hitch for a silent second. The lift doors are straight ahead of me, seeing every single detail of the lift door makes me panic every so slightly more each second.

The lift seems to take forever, I almost feet the guitar will fall out of my hands from how sweaty they are, but my hands grip the neck of the guitar was double strength.

The lift doors open and straight ahead I see massive windows, just before those, I see a large desk with what I can recognise- iMac computer. Adjusted to the side it sits, following along at the other side is a file organiser, the flat kind.

Mr Prentice sits in his chair, on his phone.

"Please Mr Lynch, take a seat" I smile, knowing he has came to notice my presence in the room. I sit down in the large wide leather brown chair in-front of the large desk.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr Prentice" I quickly stand up, offering my hand to shake in importance of greeting a person, it's only polite.

He shakes my hand, and smiles at me. So far so good.

"So, tell me do you have a song prepared for me?" I nod, taking a sheet of paper out my pocket, reading it over and quickly putting it away.

"Yes, sir. I do, where will I perform it?" He leans back into his chair and waves his hand in-front of his face.

"Here then?" I ask, confirming he wasn't just testing me. He nods, a small smile on his face, but full on professionalism planted on his features.

Nodding, I look down to the neck of the guitar positioning my right hand in the place it needs to be.

I start with the first strum--

''Way too loud
Can you numb me out?
Can you put me down?
Days go round
But tonight I come out
Gonna hunt you down

I wanna know, wanna know, wanna know, wanna
Where you go, where you go, where you going
Is your blood too thick to fill my heart?
A little more, little more, little more, little
I want it all, want it all, want it all, want it
Close your eyes and surrender to me

I like that I can feel you now
Maybe we can love somehow
Baby, you and me right now
Baby come on, come on
I like that I can feel you now
Maybe we can love somehow
Baby, you and me right now
Baby, come on, come on, yeah

Stay somehow
Never give you up
Do you have enough?
Tell me how
I could help you out
I could hold you down
When I see you crying
I see you lying
Even though it's not next to me

I wanna know, wanna know, wanna know, wanna
Where you go, where you go, where you going
Is your blood too thick to fill my heart?
A little more, little more, little more, wanna
I want it all, want it all, want it all, want it
Close your eyes and surrender to me

I like that I can feel you now
Maybe we can love somehow
Baby, you and me right now
Baby, come on, come on
I like that I can feel you now
Maybe we can love somehow
Baby, you and me right now
Baby, come on, come on

Yeah
Don't you see me crying?

I like that I can feel you now
Maybe we can love somehow
Baby, you and me right now
Baby, come on, come on

I like that I can feel you now
Maybe we can love somehow
Baby, you and me right now
Baby, come on, come on

I like that I can feel you now
Maybe we can love somehow
Baby, you and me right now
Baby, come on, come on

I like that I can feel you now
(Don't you see me crying?)
Maybe we can love somehow
Baby, you and me right now
Baby, come on, come on''

As my guitar pick strums the last note, I sigh with relief. Being able to relax.

But, still. The other deliemma still remained.

What's gonna happen now?