[Chapter 26]

3k you guyssssss

Sliding my pick downwards against the strings, gravity helps me.

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea,
I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see
I'll be the light to guide you

My eyes are shut tight, souly pouring my heart our in every word I sing, my finger tips strumming the notes for every line.

Find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need

You fan count on me like one two three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

I reluctantly open my eyes, to find my sisters eyes are open like a cm, she is shyly smiling. There's colour in her face, she's with us. She's conscious. My heart is full on into this song along with the soul.

Whoa whoa
Oh oh
Yeah yeah

If you tossin' and turnin' and you can't just fall asleep
I'll sing a song
Beside you
And if you ever forget how you really mean to me
Everyday I will
Remind you

Ohh
Find our what we're made od
When we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like one two three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

Oh, oh
Yeah, yeah

My heart is going like Jo ninety, I look round to Laura to find her lipsyning along with me while smiling to Jupiter. Jupiter is smiling back to Laura and singing along to the song quietly to herself.

You'll always have my shoulder when you cry
I'll never let go
Never say goodbye
You know you can

Count on me like one two three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you four three two
And you'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

Oh, oh
You can count on me 'cause I can count on you

I place the guitar back into it's case, placing the pick into the zip pocket. I smile at my sister for being able to listen. Jupiter then redirects her attention to the door of the room, as does Laura. I see Laura looking shocked.

I turn my attention to the door...

To find the member of staff at the hospital and the next room patient standing.

Then, as if on cue they all start to clap their hands, whooping me and congratulating me. I smiled throughout it all, but my main target was lying in the bed behind me.

So, I turn round and look my sister in the eyes.

"What did you think?" She smiles at me, but because she is still not well, her smile falls.

"It was awesome, but did you make it about me? I think I deserve a song as I'm currently lying on this bed in pain" I chuckle loudly, as did Laura and the hospital staff.

"Of course Jupiter, the song is for you. I wrote it for lil sis" She smiles again before forcing herself to sit up only slightly.

"You knew better bro, and thank you. I loved it, I felt your pain and I hear your message" I sigh with relief. I run up the side of the bed, and reach over Jupiter giving her a side hug, she wraps her hands around me just as tightly as do with her.

"Thank you Ross, seriously" I don't have to say anything, Jupiter knows how I know she means those words.

"Ross, forgive me for asking this... But how long have you been able to sing?" I'm silent for a moment, it's been so long that I didn't even realise that I knew how to sing.

"He's been singing for years. His parents gave him that guitar for his birthday before shit went downhill, when he turned 10" I nodded agreeing.

"Would you ever consider recording a song and putting it on YouTube or sending it into a local record label company?" I widen my eyes from the question.

"Uhhhhh...."