VI

Upon hearing that Clarke left her group, Tori knew that she hadn't left willingly but rather because she wanted to rescue her friends so she threw on some jeans that she forcedly ripped at the knees, a honey coloured baggy shirt and some trainers before dashing towards the Delinquents room, sliding to a halt just in time to hear Monty inquire his best friend "And you believe him?"

"Yes, I believe him. Clarke left us, Monty. She faked being crazy to get into medical and she took off." Jasper told him making her scoff alerting them of her presence, "She didn't just take off idiot. She left to find a way to get you all out of here alive." she told them, sending a nod at Monty, knowing perfectly well that he hadn't told anyone. "We need to go after her." Monty told his best friend. And just as he said that one of the doors to the door thumped close, making the trio turn around to see Maya, the girl that Jasper had been nursing a crush for.

"Where you going?" Jasper inquired, "The dropship for starters." Monty replied, looking at Tori, a look in his face inquiring if it was alright, and earning a nod in return, letting him know that she would look out for his people. "I just heard. You're leaving?" Maya inquired, approaching Jasper who looked at her with a slight love glint in his eyes, "Yes. We are." Monty tells her but is contradicted by his best friend. "No. We're not."

"What would Clarke do?" Monty and Tori inquire, "No, you can't. It's too dangerous." Maya pleads and Jasper tells her "Don't worry. I'm a coward." "You're not. You're smart. You can't make her come back." the brunette girl counters prompting Monty and Tori to share a look. "They're right. She'd go after me. But why am I so scared to do the same thing?" Jasper whines, looking at his best friend for a second before turning to the girl he's crushing on, who he noticed was beginning to turn red and gain blisters.

"Whoa. What... ?" He started, "Radiation. There's a containment breach." Tori growled, grabbing walking to one of the doors and trying to pull it open. "But how? And why aren't you having this reaction." Jasper inquired, his nerves showing clearly as Maya ran to another of the doors and used her card to try and open 2 doors. "I don't know!" Maya cries while Tori rushes to the door that Maya was at and replies "Because I'm a grounder."

Jasper looks at her shocked and then at Monty, who nods at him while Maya cries for help before passing out, being luckily caught by Tori before she hit the ground as the boys bang on the windows and call out for help.

After help arrived, Maya was taken to one of the containment room along with the trio, "Temperature's 104 and rising. Blood pressure 180 over 120. Blister coverage now 75%. Standard treatment isn't working." Dr. Tsing said in a radiation suit to the other doctor, choosing her words carefully to get the reaction she wanted. "Wait. What does that mean? Is there a non-standard treatment?" Jasper instantly inquired making Tori want to smack him over the head with the heaviest object around.

"There is one thing we could try." the doctor stated, sending Tori a look that ordered her to stay quiet or there would be heavy consequences, "Then what are you waiting for?!" Jasper nearly shouted. "It's... unorthodox. Because you were raised in space, your circulatory systems developed the ability to filter radiation out of your blood. Now it's just a theory, but if we were to circulate Maya's blood through your system..." She continued, "I could make her better. Jasper finished.

"What happens to him?" Monty inquired, frowning at the look that the doctor gave the grounder, "I'm not sure." The older woman lied, sighing Monty looked at the white haired woman before looking at his best friend and noticing the look on his face "I know that look. Don't even think about it. It's too dangerous." but of course he didn't listen because he stated instead "I'm in." making the doctor smile in content that her plan had worked.

Jasper changed into a standard yellow hospital gown and laid on a bed, needle stuck in his arm and one about to be placed on his neck, Monty by his side and Tori by the door glaring at the doctor fiercely. "You sure about this? Look at her. I know you like her, but her blood is about to go into your body." Monty tried to reason, but before his words had any effect, Maya's ekg began to rapidly beep as she went into cardiac arrest.

"What is it?! What's happening?!" Jasper inquired, worried as Dr. Tsing gave Maya yet another sedative. "We need to do this now." She told him instead, "Jasper." Monty tried to reason once more, "I can't just let her die! Let's do this." the boy in a hospital gown countered, propping himself onto his elbows and sticking out his neck. "This will sting a little." Tsing stated as she gently pushed the needle into Jasper's neck making him react with an "Ow! A little?!" before she pressed the button to start the transfusion.

Everyone watched as Maya's blood started to travel through the tube and into Jasper, Monty and Tori tensing in anticipation and even more so when Jasper grunted and started to cross his eyes. "What is it? What's wrong?" Monty inquired, looking frantically from the doctor to the white haired girl and then to his best friend who snorted "Nothing. I feel nice." making Monty roll his eyes at him. "Maya's been heavily sedated. You will, of course, feel that, too. It's perfectly normal." The doctor began by explaining as Monty started to walk away.

However at her last words he halted and turned around slightly to inquire out of suspicion "If you've never done this before, how do you know?" Tsing looked at the boy in annoyance at her slip up, but it only made Tori smirk at her in return. "You're right. I should have said: It's to be expected. This will take a while. Why don't you head back to your room? I'll send for you once he's awake." She told him instead but Monty wasn't going to leave after her words, so he raised both his indicators and sat down on the sofa there, earning an annoyed look from the doctor.

"I'll take that offer and leave." Tori stated and walked to Monty placing a hand on his shoulder, silently giving him her praised and letting him know that she would keep and eye on the group to which he replied by placing his hand over hers and smiling at her before she walked away.